Old 07-17-2014, 01:59 PM   #21

Hey Guys

I am working on getting new axles for my sandpiper 365 saq. Have he 6k. Is the pin weight calculated when the unit is weighted or is it calculated, or and educated guess??? My sticker says 14060lb for max gvwr. Trying to figure out a logical explaination as to why Fr should replace!!

Old 07-17-2014, 02:15 PM   #22

Chiro, read this in case you haven't already. 365saq weight ?

2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:31 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiro View Post
Hey Guys

I am working on getting new axles for my sandpiper 365 saq. Have he 6k. Is the pin weight calculated when the unit is weighted or is it calculated, or and educated guess??? My sticker says 14060lb for max gvwr. Trying to figure out a logical explaination as to why Fr should replace!!
For RV trailers, the axles are not required to carry the trailerís total weight (GVWR). They are required to carry the total axle weight (GAWR). When the trailer is being built the manufacturer calculates the hitch weight to be used to attain the GAWR. That hitch weight combined with total GAWR must not be less than GVWR. To accomplish that the manufacturer will manipulate the total cargo weight. If a dealer/retailer modifies (before first sale) the trailerís weight by adding anything more than 100# they MUST replace the trailerís certification label to reflect the new GVWR and GAWR. They must also change the cargo label.

When a buyer becomes the owner itís their responsibility to insure their trailerís weight is kept below GVWR, GAWR and properly balanced.

Airdale
Old 07-18-2014, 02:08 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiro View Post
Hey Guys

Not quite sure what you have been told or how they come up with the amount that you can add not to go over the sticker. What I do know is that every trailer going down the line, and it is weighted at the factory the very last thing they do then it is printed and put on the unit. You might have the same unit with a different weight because of the extras or equipment you had added in production. That is the last thing they do before it go's out the door. That weight is only the total unit without propane or battery's. Then they add what the most weight it can carry, let say 1250 lbs. to reach it's max weight, that they say the unit as built can be added. So when a bigger axle is put on it will change everything. I think airdale explained this a little better then me.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axles