Old 11-06-2014, 07:25 PM   #11
Ret. Sheriff.

Bad tire wear on one of four tires.

I had the axles checked and the front axle on right side was way out of adjustment. I had them adjust both axles. Was pleased with the service and the price.

Old 11-06-2014, 08:48 PM   #12

My wolf pup has bad ware(600 to 1000 miles) and the inside tread is gone. Susquehanna co. Selinsgrove Pa. Said the axle and tires are within tolerance. The top of the tire is one half inch sloped in. This is the second axle and tires they put on. So they admitted they were bad the first time by replacing them, but not the second time. May check into class action law suit.any ideas out there?

Old 01-09-2015, 10:10 AM   #13

Had the same thing happen to our Cedar Creek 29IK. We took to a trailer alignment shop and found a bent spindle was the cause. Now having to fight with Forrest River to get it fixed. Trailer is six months old, and no we have hit anything but the road.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:22 AM   #14

Bent Spindle. I hade the same issue seems these Cedar Creek 29IK left front tire only, inside thread only.. I did not notice the wear until after about 2k miles. Getting a look under the rig revealed a loose leaf spring clamp nut also "Yikes". Had the rig checked out buy a trailer service center to perform a Laser Alignment.
The bad news was a bent spindle, But I had taken photos (cell phone) as proof of the loose parts. I made my case calling the warranty Rep at Forest River that the assembly was not properly installed when the coach was built and since the causation could not directly be established with any certainty they agreed to replace both Axles. Forest River did have to mediate this process with Dexter manufacturing. I've come to the understanding that the Axle assemblies come into (Cedar Creek) assembly plant fully assembled and they essentially bolt them in place.
Remember that when you have issues take photos they can go a long way with regards to Warranty issues.

Eliminate the rest
Zoo1392 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire, tires