Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort White, Fl
Posts: 547
BAL 23216 Lock-Arm Stabilizing Bars

Has anyone used these? If so how happy are you with them? I am thinking about getting a few sets of these to help with shake. Will they work with the electric front jacks on my 2006 8280SS 5ver?
__________________

__________________
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:36 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,258
Their are companies that make complete sets. I made my own, and they make a HUGE difference. Pretty much a must-have in my opinion.
__________________

__________________
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:09 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Helmsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 774
I just installed a set on my landing gear this weekend. Took me longer to measure than to actually install them....VERY simple install
From a very basic "push test" they have locked the front of the 5er in place, but I think I will add a set to the rear. I will have to re-position my back stab jacks to make it work, and that is half the reason i got them....just to see if they would work on the rear jacks. I think with a little imagination I can get them to work. We will be camping this weekend so that will be a good test, will also know for sure if they are needed on the back.
I was going the "build my own" route, until I saw that Amazon had a set that was "used". I took a gamble (the price was right) and ordered them. Since they were being sold used by Amazon I was able to get my Prime benefits and had them in 2 days. I got the box and it had been opened, but the bag the mounting hardware was in had not. It looks like someone bought it, opened it, and returned it without installing it.
__________________
2015 Chevy 3500HD
2013 Sandpiper 365SAQ
Helmsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:59 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,258
I did the landing jacks first, and while that made a huge difference, I also think the back one will be necessary. That is one of my projects for the wintertime.
__________________
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:50 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort White, Fl
Posts: 547
Well I ordered two sets for the front. I was looking under my 5ver can I just cut the diaper at the mount points on the frame and reseal it or should unscrew the diaper?
__________________
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:12 AM   #6
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
Well I ordered two sets for the front. I was looking under my 5ver can I just cut the diaper at the mount points on the frame and reseal it or should unscrew the diaper?
Don't know what you're calling a diaper, but they all mount on the legs and the outside of the frame & skirting. No cutting required.
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:24 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort White, Fl
Posts: 547
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
Don't know what you're calling a diaper, but they all mount on the legs and the outside of the frame & skirting. No cutting required.
I am referring to the plastic underliner that covers the underbelly of the camper including the frame. Should I just mount through it?
__________________
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:28 AM   #8
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
I am referring to the plastic underliner that covers the underbelly of the camper including the frame. Should I just mount through it?
They mount directly to the bottom of the frame, you don't have to cut anything unless you just want to. The frame has a pc of 1x attached to it, then the Corplas and then an alum strip. You can mount over all of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Anchor.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	20400  
__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:57 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Fort White, Fl
Posts: 547
Got my stabilizers from the big brown truck this afternoon. I plan on installing them in the front. I should have no problem installing the ones that are front to back because there is a frame rail there but, the side to side ones may be a problem. There is a storage pan in the front and the side to side frame rail sits about 14" back from the jacks (the jacks are mounted to the front to rear frame rail on each side). The pan metal is only 1/16" thick if I mount to that wouldn't that create too much stress on the pan? I was thinking maybe I could put a piece of plywood in the bottom of the pan to make it stronger if necessary. Looking for suggestions.
__________________
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #10
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
Got my stabilizers from the big brown truck this afternoon. I plan on installing them in the front. I should have no problem installing the ones that are front to back because there is a frame rail there but, the side to side ones may be a problem. There is a storage pan in the front and the side to side frame rail sits about 14" back from the jacks (the jacks are mounted to the front to rear frame rail on each side). The pan metal is only 1/16" thick if I mount to that wouldn't that create too much stress on the pan? I was thinking maybe I could put a piece of plywood in the bottom of the pan to make it stronger if necessary. Looking for suggestions.
Pictures would help us understand what you're encountering.
__________________

__________________
OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 AM.