Old 10-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #11

Update and need help

ok after almost 4 months and a second phone call I finally received the replacement switch for the tongue jack. however, I need help hooking it up. the old one only had 4 prongs and the replacement has 6 ...does anyone know which 2 the red and black wire will gone on? i tried to put them in the same positions as the old one but it doesn't work so i am assuming they are not in the right spots. seems so simple but the combination is not correct yet.

Old 10-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #12

Could you post pictures of the backs of the old and new switches?

Old 10-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #13

I called barker and got the right combo.. its faint now on the light and only the up works really slow. He said it sounds like i have a grounding issue as well going on. Sooo now I am in charging the battery on the tender charger and then I will need to start checking the fuse and such to see where I am having the issue at. Seems so simple yet its getting frustrating at the same time.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:26 PM   #14

I had a friend that had to replace his power jack switch and had the same problem. Even though the part number was the same on both switches the old had 4 contacts while the new had 6 contacts.

If you look carefully at the old switch you will notice that the 4 outside contacts are connected in pairs. The pairs are crossed so that the top right is connect to the bottom left and the top left is connected to the bottom right. This allows for one set of wires to be connected to the motor. Crossing the wires allow the reversing action. The middle two contacts are the power contacts. You need to have both the negative and positive wires connected to the switch to allow the reversing of polarity to the motor.

Your new switch does not have the contacts crossed and you will need to do it with jumpers. If you connect the motor to either of the top or bottom sets of contacts without the jumper then you will only get one direction.

2013 Shamrock 23IKSS
2012 F150 FX4 5.0L
Engauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #15

I was told by barker that I was to connect the power and ground (both red and black) to the center and the 2 yellow to the one end. I was also told to check my fuse area as well as where I had to splice into the wire as those tend to be areas of issues for loose or flimsy connections