Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2014, 10:31 PM   #1

Best 14" 8Ply Trailer Tires

I am looking to Replace the Tires on my 5th Wheel and I want to go with a 215/75/14 8Ply. There is not much available out there in this size. I really Like the Maxxis Tires but they only offer them in 6Ply. Do yall have any Suggestions on this size Tire?
Bad Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:39 PM   #2

Good luck. I've been looking for a 14" radial for my v lite for a while now. Hard to find anything beyond a load range C in a 14" radial trailer tire. 6 ply I think is about as good as it gets, I think. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:51 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Boy View Post
I am looking to Replace the Tires on my 5th Wheel and I want to go with a 215/75/14 8Ply. There is not much available out there in this size. I really Like the Maxxis Tires but they only offer them in 6Ply. Do yall have any Suggestions on this size Tire?
I don't see ST tires in a 14 inch wheel diameter in anything higher than a Load Range C (6 ply rated). What most people do in this case, is to go to what we refer to as an Euro tire. These are commercial tires that can go on delivery vans, trailers, etc. We call them Euro tires because Europe is where the vast majority of the market is for this type of tires on the narrow small streets that the big stuff usually can't navigate

They are offered in a Load range D.

Kumho and Hankook both make these tires. Cooper did, but I'm not sure if they still do. Continental/General also do, but the last time I looked there Euro tires were of lower load range than the rest.

Tire Rack was the easiest place to get the Kumho's, if they still carry them.

RADIAL 857 - Kumho Tire USA, Inc.

The Euro tires have a different sizing standard than what you are used to in the ST tires. They don't put the aspect ratio in the size (which is an 82 for the Euro tires)..........so a Euro 195R14C works out to be close to a ST215/75R14 in height. Also the Euro tires have a C at the end of the size that means Commercial Use (it's not a load Range C).

I have a detailed post on all of this somewhere. I'll try to find it for you.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:57 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I have a detailed post on all of this somewhere. I'll try to find it for you.
Here you go:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post118797

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire, tires, trailer