Old 10-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynkage View Post
BD mine were butt connectors but if they look like wire nuts and have a crimp mark in them I would just cut them off and use any number of connectors to re-connect them. Do they look like these? https://www.google.com/search?q=crim...archBox&ie=&oe= if so just cut them off. BTW you only need to disconnect 1 wire to determine if that is the culprit. Maybe a picture so we could help even more?
Link,
They are Scotch Loks. I looked it up on the web after you posted earlier. I had DW's assistance to push the break earlier. I can hear all the brakes engage. And the clicking disappears when the brake is engaged. As soon as she let off the break clicking returned to the right front passenger tire only. Called a local repair shop, they suggested I had too much gain on break controller. Turned it all the way down, clicking still there. My concern is finding what is shorting out. When rolling down the road, the brake controller goes to SC then immediately resets. May not happen again for 10 min or so then for no apparent reason, it does it again.

2016-(32) 2017-13
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:29 AM   #12

Probably time to remove the tire and hub and take a look inside......

Check to see the condition of the Magnet.

Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 08:46 PM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Well, thought I'd give an update to those who might be wondering. I spent most of today trying to figure this out and after a trip to my local RV repair guy and the Dodge dealer I think I've got a plan. The RV Repair guy had a tester for my 7 pin connector. When inserted and the truck ignition turned on, my outlet was providing 12V. But, the blue brake wire was also pulsating. The light was flickering on and off on the tester at about the same blink rate as the noise I was hearing coming from the brake area on the right front passenger trailer tire. It seems for some reason my integrated brake controller is intermittently sending a 12V shot of power to the brake wire. The tester was inserted in my bed receptacle and on the bumper. Both are doing the same thing. Spoke with the shop foreman at Dodge and his personal opinion is the controller is shot. Had a buddy with a 7 pin in his truck come over and plugged the 5th wheel into his outlet. No clicking at the trailer tire. So, I ordered the brake controller today and will install tomorrow when it arrives. Will let you all know how it goes.
2016-(32) 2017-13
BombDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 09:08 PM   #14
H2oski

Glad to here that you my have found the problem.

Also thanks for taking the time to update us.
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:09 AM   #15

I have seen that happen once before and thought it kind of a rare thing to happen. Glad you have it figured out BD!

Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sabre, brakes