Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-10-2019, 10:51 PM   #1

Brake pads

Anyone know where I can get brake pads for a Forest River Sierra 376BHOK?
Thank you
Mcnet22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 01:16 AM   #2

E bay, Amazon, RV dealer, Lippert Components.
MtBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 05:39 AM   #3

Just curious I guess...... why do you need brake pads ? How old / many miles does your trailer have on it ?

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 09:14 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtBiker View Post
E bay, Amazon, RV dealer, Lippert Components.

Thank you
Old 10-11-2019, 09:18 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
Just curious I guess...... why do you need brake pads ? How old / many miles does your trailer have on it ?

The RV is 7 years old, and we go camping every chance we get (about 20 weekends per year), and I have driven it from the Mid Atlantic to Maine and back for the past 7 years. That’s about 11,200 miles just on the Maine trips alone.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:24 PM   #6

So...how much lining do you have left? Hard to believe they are worn out. You mentioned pads so you have disc brakes?
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 05:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
So...how much lining do you have left? Hard to believe they are worn out. You mentioned pads so you have disc brakes?

I haven’t looked at the brakes to see how much lining is left, but when I push on the brake pedal, I hear them grabbing, but the RV doesn’t slow down. They are disk brakes.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:47 AM   #8

We have a place here in my city it's called waymier. They have dexter axles and brakes in stock always. This year I have replaced both brake assembly's on the passenger side of my 2018 rockwood. I dont understand why they both failed but it happened. Something breaks inside ,,,a spring maybe ,,, but it destroys the pads . The complete assembly cost 175.oo but only takes about 30 minutes to replace
Indy500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 11:01 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcnet22 View Post
I haven’t looked at the brakes to see how much lining is left, but when I push on the brake pedal, I hear them grabbing, but the RV doesn’t slow down. They are disk brakes.
Did the disc brakes come with your trailer or were they installed later? If they are original, you should be able call or email the axle manufacturer(likely Dexter) and get the part number for the pads. More than likley, they will cross to an automotive equivalent. I have some Kodiak disc brakes on a trailer I own with 3500# axles that cross to an auto. Your larger brakes may or may not cross.

So what electric/hydraulic unit do you have that sends fluid pressure to the disc brakes? Do you hear it operating in the trailer if someone operates the manual brake lever on your controller?
Old 10-17-2019, 11:02 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy500 View Post
We have a place here in my city it's called waymier. They have dexter axles and brakes in stock always. This year I have replaced both brake assembly's on the passenger side of my 2018 rockwood. I dont understand why they both failed but it happened. Something breaks inside ,,,a spring maybe ,,, but it destroys the pads . The complete assembly cost 175.oo but only takes about 30 minutes to replace
If you have springs, that means you have drum brakes and you would not have pads. OP has disc brakes...at least that's what he just said he has.