Old 08-15-2015, 06:17 PM   #1
Brake Pedal Switch not resetting

We have determined that there must be a switch attached to the brake pedal which opens when the brakes are applied and is suppose to close when the brake pedal is released. In our 2014 FR Georgetown XL 360DS when the pedal is pushed and then released the switch does not close and in a matter of minutes our parking brake light and the brake system light lights up on our dashboard and at the same time renders the cruise control unusable and starts affecting fuel flow as well. We have found that if I place my foot below the brake pedal and pull up ever so slightly I can feel the switch actually click and although the lights do not go off until the engine is turned off and then restarted, it does allow you to use the cruise control and stop the fuel flow issues. first of all, has anyone else experienced this problem and secondly is it just a switch adjustment or does the switch need replacing? Thank you in advance.

GTXL360DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 06:31 PM   #2
I would call/visit a Ford dealer. Tell him you have a Ford F -53 chassis and provide the chassis vin number. No mistakes or double trips. The switch should snap action both ways, no partial engagement. Not terribly uncommon to fail.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:04 AM   #3
As a Ford tech, I agree with VinceU, take the motorhome to a Ford dealer. It sounds like the brake light switch is out of adjustment or damaged and would require replacement. your unit should still be under warranty.

2012 Palomino Ultralite T245
2004 F250 Supercab 5.4L
09 Grizzly 700 EPS
09grizzly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 10:58 AM   #4
Thank you 09Grizzly1. I will contact my Ford dealer this week and schedule an appointment.
GTXL360DS is offline   Reply With Quote