Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2018, 05:19 PM   #41

Hello FordHauler, I see that you have a 01' 7.3 350 dually.

My Father-in-law bought one new ( 01' 7.3 350 dually) (Lariat Gray/Silver) and got rid of it a couple of years ago... he gets upset every time he thinks about getting rid of .... "Why oh why did I sell that truck... never should have". he had no big reason at the time, just wanted something different... if he fell into one, he would consider it in a second.

I have an 01' 7.3 250 Crew Cab (Lariat Gold) and my brother-in-law has a 02' 250 Crew Cab (Lariat Blue). We love our 7.3s. We both bought our trucks used around '05. They were farm trucks, low mileage and well taken care of. we both put chips in them and have had a lot of fun ever since.

2013 Forest River Salem Hemisphere SBT312QBUD

2001 CrewCab F-250 7.3 PowerStroke Diesel
SuperChip, BTS transmission, 6.0 Trans Cooler
Brother Les is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 05:53 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
Another 'piece of advice'.... if you are driving down the road and the monitor/sensor goes 'off' and a 'tire'/sensor does not show up as it is going through the tire sequence.... say.... camper tire #3 does not show up and it is a 'lost signal'.... the battery in that sensor is loosing power......

On one trip a sensor 'dropped' and I thought ...battery... I removed the battery and voltage tested it... full power.... reinstalled and worked just fine... must have 'lost contact' some how, but easy to open up and 'fix'....
Did you get a repeater with your system? I noticed on the video a repeater comes with the TST 507. I would think a repeater would eliminate a "lost" signal unless you've got a long distance between sensor and monitor.

Thanks to Mike Benson for his offer.
moshe1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 08:48 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshe1436 View Post
Did you get a repeater with your system? I noticed on the video a repeater comes with the TST 507. I would think a repeater would eliminate a "lost" signal unless you've got a long distance between sensor and monitor.

Thanks to Mike Benson for his offer.
Hi moshe1436,

The repeater (from what I understand) is an 'add-on' to supplement the standard 507 (etc.) system. ie. There is an added cost for the repeater (I think 59.00? https://tsttruck.com/tst-507-r.html ). I did not elect to get the repeater. My far back passenger side trailer wheel does take more cycles to acquire the signal, but it does, after a time acquire it and will be fine once that has been acquired. (I used the word 'acquired' waaay to many times in this post)

Old 02-06-2018, 10:04 AM   #44

Quote:
Hi moshe1436,

The repeater (from what I understand) is an 'add-on' to supplement the standard 507 (etc.) system. ie. There is an added cost for the repeater (I think 59.00? https://tsttruck.com/tst-507-r.html ). I did not elect to get the repeater. My far back passenger side trailer wheel does take more cycles to acquire the signal, but it does, after a time acquire it and will be fine once that has been acquired. (I used the word 'acquired' waaay to many times in this post)
You are probably correct in that the repeater is not part of the standard package. I may have misunderstood the video and I should check it again. As long as your far back passenger side tire doesn't lose the signal during travel you're OK. But I wasn't sure if you said (back a few discussions) you lost the signal during travel or not.

Anyway, I doubt I'd need the repeater as my TT's total length is 27', making the distance from the furthest back passenger side tire to my TV dash about 30'. Thanks again for your discussions - you always have some good points!
moshe1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2018, 11:28 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by moshe1436 View Post
You are probably correct in that the repeater is not part of the standard package. I may have misunderstood the video and I should check it again. As long as your far back passenger side tire doesn't lose the signal during travel you're OK. But I wasn't sure if you said (back a few discussions) you lost the signal during travel or not.

Anyway, I doubt I'd need the repeater as my TT's total length is 27', making the distance from the furthest back passenger side tire to my TV dash about 30'. Thanks again for your discussions - you always have some good points!
imo you do not need the repeater. My unit is 34 ft long.

I did say that I 'lost' signal during travel...

8 sensors... going round and round at x mph.

battery 'may' (don't think they do) move in sensor a little and signal lost for what ever reason.

when stopped for the day. removed battery and cleaned it ( batt. voltage ok) and sensor area, put back in and everything worked fine.

Old 02-07-2018, 11:49 AM   #46

Sensor going round at x mph shouldn't make a difference unless it'a a battery connection issue.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:59 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
Sensor going round at x mph shouldn't make a difference unless it'a a battery connection issue.
bingo.... sensor whacks rim and jars bat or bat moves or electric flow disrupted for some other reason....hence, connection issue.

Old 02-07-2018, 12:04 PM   #48

Quote:
bingo.... sensor whacks rim and jars bat or bat moves or electric flow disrupted for some other reason....hence, connection issue.
That's why you use metal valve stems with these. First thing I did was change out the valve stems when I bought my system.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 12:11 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by babock View Post
That's why you use metal valve stems with these. First thing I did was change out the valve stems when I bought my system.
No argument out of me on the 'metal' valve stems....
but they must fit onto your rim style.... will not work on the rims I have... On my truck I have the high pressure (metal sleeve) stems.... works fine... on the trailer... I replace the stems when I have a tire issue with the high pressure stems.

Tags
axle, brakes