Old 06-13-2013, 01:45 PM   #11

Those numbers sound good. Follow the cable or connector back from the truck to your TT..I believe it should be a blue wire your looking for. It should split and one wire to each axle end/hub. I would see if you can find the split or even peel some of the casing off to find the wire and test there first before pulling wheels and drums. Don't jump to far back as there could be a problem right at the connection from the TV to the TT.

2006 F350 6.0 with 3.73 gears, 4X4, Extra-Cab Long Box, Oil/Tranny/P.S. Coolers. Coolant filter. SCT Livewire.
2011 Cedar Creek 36RE, Auto levelers + too much to list..!
puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:29 AM   #12

I finally had time to do more testing/work on this issue. I bought a new bottle jack from harbor freight to jack the trailer and test.

Here's what I did ... if you want to skip to the end - don't blame you.

Jacked up trailer
Took tire off
spun hub, could hear brakes slightly rubbing hub so I know the adjustments are ok.
Hooked up 12v battery to trailer
pulled out break-away plug
walked back to axle and I hear the magnets working and hub can not be spun. I put the plug back in and all is good.

So I back Suburban up to trailer and hook up the cord. Pulled my 5 year old away from cartoons to be my brake operator.
I walk back to the TT axle, he steps the brakes and same thing, i hear the magnets and the brakes work.
So to make sure they work by the truck, I unhooked the battery and everything continues to work. I have to still get the batter a new place to be mounted but I have time.

I didn't hear this 2 weeks ago so not sure what changed. I was just about to buy a new controller for the cab thinking that was the issue. I'm now at a loss as to what was the issue but sure am glad the brakes are back to working.

We are camping in 3 weeks so I will make sure a few days ahead of this to test again. I'm just glad I know what to listen for and know they should work.

2 Vizsla's Mizuno & Zeno, 1 Weimaraner Kayda

2013 Nights Camped 7
vizsla owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:53 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vizsla owner View Post
I didn't hear this 2 weeks ago so not sure what changed. I was just about to buy a new controller for the cab thinking that was the issue. I'm now at a loss as to what was the issue but sure am glad the brakes are back to working.
Could have just been a bad connection at the 7 pin plug. I've plugged in and found that something didn't work...tried re-seating the plug, if still not working sprayed with WD-40 then all's good.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote