Old 10-26-2013, 02:18 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
mine do not have it stamped on them, I found our by the web site that sells them. Lionhead who supplies most of the rims and tires is listed on the web site. I pulled the wheel it is not stamped on them, I asked OC about it and he said that it is probably on the inside and he is probably right at least for my rims. I got the web site off the hub cap of the rim itself. I know that this is what they use on the 8289WS line by Rockwell. May be on others I can not say. There are just too many variables involved between manufacturers of rims. If you do not know who made your rims, then I would call FR and they can tell you. All this stuff is just pur injection. In other words if you read the spec from the manufacturer the inflation charts mean nothing at all, unless your rim can hold it. What I learned is that you first get the speck of the rim then you pick your tire for it. Unless you want to change the rims too.
I have no idea who made the rims that are on my Coachmen.
I was hopping for more info BEFORE I pull a wheel.
There is much information, I consider it then proceed with all due caution.

Old 10-26-2013, 02:57 PM   #32
Site Team - Lou

My rim information is on the inside "flat" part of the rim.
Can't see it without pulling the wheel off the camper.
However my spare is accessible and I will get a photo of the stamping.

Maybe Tireman9 can help with the other codes, but like most rims I have seen, this one only has the load info.

Herk
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF4877.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	41803  

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #33

I have alloy wheels on the trailer but the spare is painted steel... bet they saves 3 bucks a unit that way....
Old 10-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #34
DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
I have alloy wheels on the trailer but the spare is painted steel... bet they saves 3 bucks a unit that way....
Do you really think it is that much?
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 03:58 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
My rim information is on the inside "flat" part of the rim.
Can't see it without pulling the wheel off the camper.
However my spare is accessible and I will get a photo of the stamping.

Maybe Tireman9 can help with the other codes, but like most rims I have seen, this one only has the load info.

Herk
Herk I do not doubt what you said but that looks like steel rim and not an aluminum rim. Maybe I'm wrong but I know the HTW aluminum rims do not have stamping on them. They are the rims on the trailer wheels not the steel spare that is supplied by FR's vendors. Most wheels from FR are Aluminum on the axles. As I said blanket statements do not help. On my unit the CP is 60 PSI for the rim max, makes no difference to what the inflation chart show. I need to stay at the pressure. Your trailer might have all steel rims I do not know. But my spear is steel and my rims are HTW supplied by Lionhead with the Trail Express tires when new "C" rated aluminum rims and max pressure was 50 PSI. I think the load rating then was 1850 per wheel with 4000 lb axles. But hell I have been wrong before. The last weight I did I'm still under the 4000 per axle. Just move up to D rated because of the tire construction only. You can not compare apples to oranges.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #36

Maybe an analogy with towing limits will help.

Your truck comes towing nothing. If you want to tow with it, it's not sufficient to look at just GCWR, you have to look at GAWR too (for instance).

Your trailer comes with a tire inflation sticker on the outside. The manufacturer would never put rims on the RV which could not handle that inflation pressure. If you want to change tires or inflation (for other reasons), it's not sufficient to just look at load/inflation charts; you have to determine your rim limits as well.

No one has stated that consulting inflation tables is sufficient (that I have seen). The Goodyear Bulletin that is the major source of information here very specifically states that you have to consider rim limits.

No one has stated that they know for sure what is stamped on rims (or where). If you can find the information on your rim, great! If you can't, you need to determine the limit by other means.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #37
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
Maybe an analogy with towing limits will help.

Your truck comes towing nothing. If you want to tow with it, it's not sufficient to look at just GCWR, you have to look at GAWR too (for instance).

Your trailer comes with a tire inflation sticker on the outside. The manufacturer would never put rims on the RV which could not handle that inflation pressure. If you want to change tires or inflation (for other reasons), it's not sufficient to just look at load/inflation charts; you have to determine your rim limits as well.

No one has stated that consulting inflation tables is sufficient (that I have seen). The Goodyear Bulletin that is the major source of information here very specifically states that you have to consider rim limits.

No one has stated that they know for sure what is stamped on rims (or where). If you can find the information on your rim, great! If you can't, you need to determine the limit by other means.
Tire inflation charts on the trailer are useless if you have upgraded to a higher load rated tire. The rims need to be checked for a load rating &/or max pressure rating which can be done usually by removing the tire or by the wheel mfg'rs specifications sheets. The wheels will determine the max pressure allowed if they are LOWER than the tire charts.
Old 10-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Tire inflation charts on the trailer are useless if you have upgraded to a higher load rated tire. The rims need to be checked for a load rating &/or max pressure rating which can be done usually by removing the tire or by the wheel mfg'rs specifications sheets. The wheels will determine the max pressure allowed if they are LOWER than the tire charts.
Exactly!
Old 10-26-2013, 06:02 PM   #39

Here is a little info on how it works for rim/wheel fitments.

First is Identification. Tire manufacturers are required by regulations to provide a list to be made available to the public of approved rim sizes for every tire they build for highway service. That particular size is the width and diameter of the rim. Other markings such as load capacity and air pressure ratings are not required - by regulation - to be on the rims/wheels.

Vehicle manufacturers are responsible for providing approved rim/tire fitments for their vehicles.

Vehicles that are altered must follow industry standards for such procedures. When a retailer is performing the alteration they become responsible for proper fitments including insuring the tires and rims provide adequate load capacities and air pressures to support the capacities of the Original Equipment (OE) tires/rims.

When individual owners alter their own equipment it will behoove them find the proper procedures to follow with their replacements.

Rims must have reference marks that identify their manufacturer. An eMail or phone call to the rim manufacturer that provides the rims proper identification will be all that is needed to acquire their load and pressures ratings.

With RV trailers it's imperative to provide load capacity reserves above the GAWR. 12% - 15% are good numbers.

Airdale
Old 10-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #40
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Herk I do not doubt what you said but that looks like steel rim and not an aluminum rim.
I have 4 steel rims and a steel spare as OEM.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cooperstown 16 Sep 2009 004.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	41848  

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags