Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2016, 10:01 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
This will probably cause you to go back on your soap box but it's not meant to. I wish FR offered an option to upgrade to the next size axles and wheels. On some models, moving to a bigger trailer doesn't give you much more CCC. I would happily pay the extra cost of an axle upgrade and bigger tires if they offered that. I'm not overloaded and do use the scales but with just normal camping gear and 30 gallons of water, I'm within 200 lbs of each axle. That's closer than I'd like to be. I'd also pay extra for some extra TLC in the construction process if it would yield better construction and fewer mistakes.

No not really. What I said still stands. For my line/floor plan the evo has the lowest CCC, then the grey wolf, then the vengeance. All three have the exact floor plan by forest river and the main differences are the CCCs. A lot of others are the same.

I was looking at a north trial and it had the exact same floor plan too but the capacity of the fresh water was only 40, the FR Evo has a 75 capacity and the extra CCCs for the water. That's why I went with the bigger capability and got the Evo even though the NT was cheaper.

Not really a soap box but you can find a similar floor plan with different stages of comforts and CCCs and then the price goes up accordingly.

I just think a lot of people just buy the floor plan but don't look at the capability and then get upset when something goes wrong because they don't realize the weights.

It's the same with trucks and SUVs, people hook up a long and heavy raider to an SUV and they get a squishy ride and then we all say remove the p rates tires. Then they get mad and say my tires are new and why didn't they just put st/lt in the first place. They didn't put the tires on there because the suv wasn't designed to carry that load.

Or you buy a folding chair and it's designed for 200 pounds. You weigh 250 and it works for awhile but after about 6 months of use the chair weakens and breaks the next time you sit in it. You're clearly over the states max but blame the chair saying they should have used heavy duty stitching.

The bottom line is you as the end user have to know and understand the limit and if you go over the limit you have to expect a failure at some
Point. The limits are clearly stated.

Nights Camped (2018-16) (2017-16) (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 11:28 PM   #62

Yea, the weight is whatever the scales say and it is clearly stated on the side of the trailer. The CCC can be deceiving because right off the bat, you need to subtract water weight, battery and propane. There's some confusion on that. Water is clearly part of the cargo and since the trailer doesn't roll of the line with a battery or propane, I guess that has to be subtracted from CCC. I think FR could make that clear. The scales is really enlightening.
Old 03-26-2016, 12:53 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Tall View Post
Yea, the weight is whatever the scales say and it is clearly stated on the side of the trailer. The CCC can be deceiving because right off the bat, you need to subtract water weight, battery and propane. There's some confusion on that. Water is clearly part of the cargo and since the trailer doesn't roll of the line with a battery or propane, I guess that has to be subtracted from CCC. I think FR could make that clear. The scales is really enlightening.
From FMVSS 571.120 paragraph S10.4.2

“The UVW and the GVWR used to determine the RV's load carrying capacity must reflect the weights and design of the motor home or RV trailer as configured for delivery to the dealer/service facility. If applicable, the weight of full propane tanks must be included in the RV's UVW and the weight of on-board potable water must be treated as cargo.”

Tags
axle, light, trailer