Old 09-21-2012, 09:28 PM   #11
Funny, I just went on to Carlisle's website for tire costs. The tires were $132.00 each and UPS wants $102.00 each for shipping.
I can buy the same tire locally for $163.00.

Never enough camping!!
jonnys_walkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #12
As stated before you should change yor tires about ever 3 years... but BEWARE make sure the date code on the tires are the same as the year you bought them, if they have been setting around for three years then you may as well leave the tires on that you have on.

As far as tires made in China, I have never seen a Carlisle tire that was not made in China....Now I will tell you this, I bought a new 2006 Forest River RockWood 8314ss in 2006 I check the date codes on the carlisle tires that came standard on the camper, the tires where all ready 3 years old, the tires where manufactured in 2003 I replaced the tires one year after I had the camper in 2007 and installed Good Year Marathon tires, these tires where made in Canada and the date code was 2007. I took picture of the inside of the Carlisle tire and posted here on the forum It looked odd in the way the tire was seemed in the middle of the tire.

Now Carlisle makes tires for golf carts and other big boy toys and they also make v-belts for mechanical equipment such as air handlers, exhaust fans, air compressors etc, big thing is to look at the date codes, tires have a 5 year shelf life, when you buy new you what new, they will not give you a discount on tires that have been setting around for a few years and it is a safety issue, so BEWARE......

rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote