Old 11-22-2015, 04:15 PM   #41

Should be Shyster tires

Very sad to read all this. I was going to give them a break, but, not when I can't find replacement anywhere. Best to have something that can be found at least in my own state!

Discount Tire here I come.

Just pulled mine home (about 29 miles) and they look like the delivery wore the center on all four on the ground. Checking the bottom of trailer, all four on the ground look like they are only sitting on the outside of each tread (concave shape just looking).

Almost South of the Border
whatsupchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 09:33 PM   #42

Castle Rock by Lions Head tire & wheel

Visited Discount Tire store close by with my spare today. All 5 of my new and shiny tires have a concave tread that the staff noticed at the store. Most tires have a flat tire contact patch until they tread separate (or over inflated). Two sets of Goodyeats I've had were flat tread surface until they began to get old and eventually started tread separation. The last china bombs I had did the same thing. These are weird.

Pricing replacements led to the question of load range E tires on a load range C wheel/rim. I was told that the wheels rated at 2150 pounds that came factory would be fine with load range E tires at 80 psi. It took several phone calls to some gooroos who deduced this.

Bottom line was that the rims beads are all alike and the weight rating of the rim was only how much the rim would "carry" as opposed to the pressure on the bead.

THOUGHTS?

Old 12-24-2015, 08:36 PM   #43

Send a message via Skype™ to Blackhat6mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsupchuck View Post
Visited Discount Tire store close by with my spare today. All 5 of my new and shiny tires have a concave tread that the staff noticed at the store. Most tires have a flat tire contact patch until they tread separate (or over inflated). Two sets of Goodyeats I've had were flat tread surface until they began to get old and eventually started tread separation. The last china bombs I had did the same thing. These are weird.

Pricing replacements led to the question of load range E tires on a load range C wheel/rim. I was told that the wheels rated at 2150 pounds that came factory would be fine with load range E tires at 80 psi. It took several phone calls to some gooroos who deduced this.

Bottom line was that the rims beads are all alike and the weight rating of the rim was only how much the rim would "carry" as opposed to the pressure on the bead.

THOUGHTS?

Generally, a concave patern on the tires is an indicator of low tire pressure. Too much on the center of the tire would indicate too high of pressure. I don't know your tires, loads, pressure settings, etc., so I'm offering what restricted knowlege and much experience I have dealing with pressures.
I assume you are inflating them to max pressure while cold. It's what you do.
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
"First In, Last Out". 11B4Y
DAV, MOPH, VFW, 5/7 Cav,1/8 Cav Assoc.
11th ABN Pathfinder Co. N7MIP
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 05:57 PM   #44

Concave observed today

Saw one of "todays large cars" with concave right rear tread. I agree on the under inflation thought, but, found all four of mine were only at 61 or there'bouts. Pumped to 65 and they looked the same.

Bump in my road now is DW has a full blown T12 vertebra and is currently in a brace waiting surgery approval due to pacemaker. Bottom line will be approx. a year or more sort of restricted.

Since the awning is malfunctioning, it'll go back to dealer for that after I had the self adjusting crud removed from all four wheels due to their malfunction. Dealer sent me to an outside wheel/axle place that I am very familiar with and they also noticed tread looked "underinflated". Now I have brakes that won't set themselves on fire after only 100 miles.

Might even have dealer put it up For Sale if I don't have a Copilot!

Old 06-29-2016, 06:45 AM   #45

Castle Rock Radial Tire

The homepage for Castle Rock Tires with Dealer information.
Old 06-29-2016, 01:27 PM   #46

It's still parked

Cause of my copilots back trouble turned out to be "non-secretory multiple myeloma" (aka bone marrow cancer not detectable).

It has been a very bad winter and spring. Summer here now and have only begun the fight to control this. She is just now home from recovering from kidney failure caused by cancer treatment. Surgery is out of the question until solid bone can be grown. Lots of bone damage in central spine area and even her skull shows the common areas of this nasty desease.

Maybe someday! Now, we just make payments until we can use trailer for me to live in while surgery done in Houston.

Old 07-08-2016, 06:36 PM   #47

Castle Rock brand trailer tires?

Found their website and this 'about us' information:

http://lionsheadtireandwheel.com/about-us

Note that it says they have 325,000 square feet of 'industrial' space in four different locations in the U.S.
They have 6 brands of tires, one of which is Castle Rock along with three other no name brands, plus Michelin and Goodyear. My belief is that the 4 no name brands are private label manufacture tires from overseas, most likely "cringe" China, and the 325,000 square feet of 'industrial' space is a group of warehouse/distribution centers. The site is worded in such a way that you feel as if they manufacture tires, but there is no specific mention of actual tire manufacturing taking place at their 'industrial' facilities.
Old 07-24-2016, 09:43 AM   #48

Just had a complete blowout tire failure when driving back from the mountains on these awesome Castle Rock tires.

Tire pressure were checked prior to trip as always, straight part of road, no punctures, nothing!

If that had been on a corner or we were fully loaded down we could have lost a lot more.

So, I'm going to replace all four tires, submit a claim with Forest River (I'm sure they will deny it) and wait for the class action suit!

What a stupid, irresponsible, insane way to save a few dollars! On a life or death safety item. Way to go Forest River!
Old 07-24-2016, 10:56 AM   #49

Tire code & place of manufacture

Wnt to find out the place of manufacture of your tires?

Go to https://vpic.nhtsa.dot.gov/mid/

On the right side of the screen choose tires for equipment type.

Enter the first two characters of the DOT number on the sidewall and click the search button. This will give you the manufacturer name, plant name and plant location.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:53 AM   #50

Castle Rock Radial Tires

MANUFACTURER PLANT
CODE CITY STATE COUNTRY

HANGZHOU ZHONGCE RUBBER CO., LTD. JU HANGZHOU ZHEJIANG CHINA

http://lionsheadtireandwheel.com/Castle-Rock-Radial

This is what I found for Castle Rock Trailer Tires. Mine are ST series, Load Rating D.

Tags
tire, tires, trailer