Old 07-06-2012, 10:48 PM   #1
Cedar creek tire problem.

I have a 2011 Cedar Creek 36CKTS that I took delivery of new in January 2011. I have towed it less than 2000 miles. After our last trip, my wife noticed that the right rear tire had a bulge. The tires are Goodyear G614 RST tires in LT235/85R16 with Load range G. I pulled the tire off and took it to a Goodyear store in east Tulsa. They replaced the tire and charged me the full amount for the tire with no adjustment in the price. I asked why there was no credit given and they told me that the tires were manufactured in the 22nd week of 2005! When I got home I checked the other 3 tires on the ground and found that 2 of the three were also manufactured in 2005. This is definitely a problem. I have already called Dave's Claremore RV and discussed the situation with their service department. We will be contacting Cedar Creek next week. Has anyone else found old tires on their new RV?

DALE IN OK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:59 PM   #2
Mine are from Q3 2010 on a '12 TT. I am not 100% ok with that so I will work with the dealer to see if I can get credit towards some Khumo Radial 857s. '05 is a bit extreme, though. I don't think they should have even considered putting 5-6 yo tires on the TT. That's just poor all around.
TV: '06 Ram 1500 SLT QCSB Hemi 4x4
TT: '12 Grey Wolf 27BHKS
Tow Acc: Tekonsha P3 BC, Curt round bar WDH w/sway control, CIPA custom fit tow mirrors
'12: 27
Rsgtivr6 is offline   Reply With Quote