Old 01-02-2016, 01:07 PM   #1
Appreciative Member
Coach body not level

I'm passing along some info on a problem recently resolved, but possibly helpful to someone else.

My gasoline 2006 Georgetown 370XL "had" a problem in that the right front of the coach body was about 3" lower than the left front. There was basically no weight in the front basement area to cause the height difference.

Talked to several RV repair shops, etc and was told it could be the shock, could need a new spring, and that I could just add additional spacers under the right front spring.... scarry.

I live in Atlanta area and learned where one of the big RV Sales & Repair businesses send their coaches for spring work.

Took it to a small shop called Doraville Drive Lines & Springs in metro-Atlanta and was told I don't need a new spring, but rather that the rear portion of the spring behind the front axle had just lost its arch.

They removed the spring, re-arched it and then remounted it. The manager was not satisfied because it still needed another 1" further height adjustment so they took off the spring again, re-arched it further and did a remount....... a lot of work. My cost was $219.90 and I was well pleased. The repair was done while I waited for it.

Hope this might be helpful to someone. BILL

BWAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 09:41 AM   #2
Some units will sag over time my Winnebago did the same because it was heavy on the right side. I had a leaf added to the rear spring and reached coach sits dead level now.
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote