Old 02-01-2015, 11:38 AM   #11
Originally Posted by jdefeo1 View Post
I've read through the above thread that was posted and since it is to old to reply to and this sounds like it could be the same problem, I was wondering if anyone has figured out why they mount some couplers on the top and some on the bottom on the same model? I'm asking because I'm currently looking at a new trailer that my dealer has on order and coming in any day now. I also noticed on his lot that some trailers (Same model different floor plans) had some on the top and some on the bottom. Should I be concerned if it comes in mounted on the bottom? This is a huge concern to me and I would be interested to know if there is any reason as to why they do this. I don't want to run into the same towing and hitching problem as the op. Any info would be appreciated.
In regards to the (OP) as well as your Q I think he wil be in the same boat as Member (ChasFirth?) who had a Dealer/FR cut off and replace his Couplers (Top and Bottom Mount) SEVERAL TIMES!! Youroo!! This was on a (Windjammer/V-Lite) style unit,They come with (Top and Bottom) mount couplers,and you Never know which type will be on the Frame!

youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:46 AM   #12
itch'n to road trip
We had the same problem. Was explained to us NOT by our dealer but by a hich installer, that trailer frames may site outside for a year before they are used. They get corrosion and/or rust. We had to spray the coupler with LOTS of WD40 and took another ball and worked it sound A LOT! Finally the hitch coupler worked and set with the ball.

OH PS I may add when the dealer hooked up our trailer for the FIRST time they tried to HAMMER it into place. I yrlled at them amd told them that WAS NOT the way it was done. Needless to say we NO LONGER take our Rv to them for service work. (RV World of Georgia in Buford Ga... BEWARE!!)

2012 Ford F-250 King Ranch Super Crew Cab 4x4 "Mae West"
2014 Work & Play 25ULA "Ula"
Paula Drake, Ken Cooksey, Sunny Delight & Valor
Jasper Ga. -
Nights camped Not Enough 2014: 8 2015: 2
campnqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:55 AM   #13
Spray the inside of the coupler with carb cleaner use a 2" wire brush in a drill and scrub it good.

Coat the ball and hitch with a thin coat of moly lube.

2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote