Old 08-12-2014, 10:39 AM   #11
Fulltime family RVer

The first time we noticed this, that side WAS on blocks.

Since then, the passenger side has been our high side or we haven't blocked it up at all (such as the road in front of my in-laws).

I haven't actually checked measurements yet- I couldn't do it yesterday and am working so far this morning (plus, it's raining bucket loads- I hope I can go out at lunch to check things out some).

Old 08-13-2014, 12:47 PM   #12
Fulltime family RVer

I took a series of measurements and can't find anything that is noticeably wrong.

I measured the distance for each pack of springs between the bolts that they're connected with. These all matched exactly- maybe 1/16" of an inch off or less, but they seemed very close as far as I could tell.
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	255.7 KB
ID:	60429

The one passenger side set of springs seemed "flatter" than the others. I wasn't on level ground, the camper is parked on the road in front of my house which has a good bit of slope from the center of the road to the side for drainage. I was parked "with the road/in the correct direction of travel" - meaning, the passenger side was the low side and adjacent to the sidewalk.

Name:	image (1).jpg
Views:	114
Size:	259.3 KB
ID:	60430

Included are the springs for the driver's side (I think) for reference. It's hard to see, but does look like their is more curve to it.

Name:	photo (1).jpg
Views:	95
Size:	281.4 KB
ID:	60432

I also measured from the top of the plate above the springs to the underside of the camper. This was a best guess measurement as I have the corrugated underbelly. This measured with the passenger side seemingly having less space than the driver's side by about a 1/4" to 1/2". Passenger side measured out at about 5 3/8" both front and rear where the driver's side was 5 3/4" on the front and 5 5/8" on the rear.

I measured from the top of the axle to the frame. This again was a best guess as I had to angle the tape measure a bit and was incredibly awkward to get to everything. This measured with the passenger side seemingly having less space again by 1/4" to 1/2". Passenger side measured at about 8 5/8" on the front and 8 7/16" on the rear was 9" front and 8 13/16" rear.

I measured across the equalizer from the top bolt that connected to the springs to the bottom bolt. Each of these measurements were the same.

Name:	image (2).jpg
Views:	109
Size:	246.2 KB
ID:	60435

I didn't see any kind of scuffing that would indicate that bolts shifted.

OldCoot, I don't know if I have wet bolts or not or even where/what the shackles are.

Old 08-13-2014, 01:00 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
It was usually fairly close, but cleared just fine. Now, I literally have to pull the wheel skirt outward a bit to slide the chock up under the skirt to get it between the upper part of the wheel. The driver's side still fits like it always did.Thoughts?
Apologies if this is a dumb question - but could it just be the wheel skirt is warping inwards maybe after some sun exposure?

Have you checked if the wheels are the same distance apart (hub to hub) on each side?

2013 - 15
Arefbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:02 PM   #14
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arefbee View Post
Apologies if this is a dumb question - but could it just be the wheel skirt is warping inwards maybe after some sun exposure?

Have you checked if the wheels are the same distance apart (hub to hub) on each side?
Honestly, I haven't checked that or even thought about the idea that the wheel skirt simply warped.

I'll plan for it tonight.
Old 07-29-2015, 03:31 PM   #15
Fulltime family RVer

I never did find a problem. When my camper went back to the factory again this February, I asked them to take a look at it. They said the differences were within spec but went ahead and replaced the EquaFlex suspension thing any way.

It's definitely not the wheel skirt.

---

I definitely have something wonky going on. The passenger side tires are now under 1" from each other (compared to the driver's side where there is almost 2"). And the Rotochocks are impossible to fit in.

Here is the backside of the passenger side tires:

(Note, this shows the passenger side up on blocks. That was at the last campground and I noticed the spacing after we left there and stopped at a rest area for lunch on fairly level ground in a truck parking spot.)

Versus the backside of the driver's side tires:

What's surprising to me is that last picture of the driver's side (which isn't my problem side) appears to have very flat leaf springs.

--

My weights on the axles are:
- Passenger front, 2930
- Passenger rear, 3400
- Driver's side front, 3,400
- Driver's side rear, 3,500

---

I guess the question now is- who do I get to take a look at something like this and how do I find a reputable repair shop while I'm on the road?
Old 07-29-2015, 05:13 PM   #16

First thing I notice is the equalizer is at different angles. That accounts for most of the difference.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:16 PM   #17
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPAspey View Post
First thing I notice is the equalizer is at different angles. That accounts for most of the difference.

Sorry, I barely know what I'm looking at here...

Should that move as we park? Or is it simply installed at an angle?
Old 07-29-2015, 05:22 PM   #18
Mod free 5er

First thing to do is to measure from front bracket to center bracket to rear bracket on the FRAME. They should be the same on both sides.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:37 PM   #19

I've noticed that the distance between my wheels varies depending on a couple of things. One being if I drive one side up on blocks. Another is if i had to make a hard turn to get the camper set up on the site. Right now I have probably 3/4" difference between the wheels just from going over the concrete apron into my driveway at an angle.

To check, hook up and drive straight on a level parking lot. Stop gently and park. Now check the difference. I'll bet you're ok.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:38 PM   #20
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPAspey View Post
I've noticed that the distance between my wheels varies depending on a couple of things. One being if I drive one side up on blocks. Another is if i had to make a hard turn to get the camper set up on the site. Right now I have probably 3/4" difference between the wheels just from going over the concrete apron into my driveway at an angle.

To check, hook up and drive straight on a level parking lot. Stop gently and park. Now check the difference. I'll bet you're ok.

Ok, so each time I looked there was some backing up involved (even at the truck stop- I overshot the space and backed up).

Tags
axle