Old 06-10-2013, 12:55 PM   #11

I've got the opposite problem where the rear stabilizing jacks wont retract. The motor works fine but the screw rod doesn't move to retract them. Is there like a shear pin that needs to be replaced? Found this out when we went to leave on a trip last weekend, so had to manually crank them up. Thank god for the manual crank. :-)

cobiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #12

Turns out it was a bad switch! I verified this by unplugging the harness....let is sit for a day or two....plugged the harness back into the switch and the jacks started lowering without me even breathing on the switch.

I contacted Lippert....they were helpful but would only allow the dealer to replace the switch since it was under warranty!

Dealer said they have seen several of these switches go bad which is surprising since this could have really been a safety issue had the jacks sheared off my 5er while I was driving down the road! Maybe Lippert needs to take a closer look at these and possibly issue a recall!

Old 06-10-2013, 02:58 PM   #13
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobiker View Post
I've got the opposite problem where the rear stabilizing jacks wont retract. The motor works fine but the screw rod doesn't move to retract them. Is there like a shear pin that needs to be replaced? Found this out when we went to leave on a trip last weekend, so had to manually crank them up. Thank god for the manual crank. :-)
There is a double roll pin in mine that is in the coupler that connects the motor to the screw. Don't know how it would drive the legs down and not retract unless it sheared at the end of the downward travel. I think the roll pins are a 1/16" driven inside a 1/8". Could be drilled out to 3/16" and put in a #10 stove bolt & lock nut.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:26 PM   #14

Thank you for the reply back, unfortunately it's not functioning for both retract and extend. I've take a couple of pics to better show the problem, but it looks like the screw rod has pulled out of the sleeve that connects to the motor. I've attached a pic here, so it might better show the issue.

Thanks,
Scott
Old 06-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobiker View Post
Thank you for the reply back, unfortunately it's not functioning for both retract and extend. I've take a couple of pics to better show the problem, but it looks like the screw rod has pulled out of the sleeve that connects to the motor. I've attached a pic here, so it might better show the issue.

Thanks,
Scott
Pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rockwood Stabilizer Pics 002.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	32869  
Old 06-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #16
Mod free 5er

The coupler is pinned to the screw and the motor shaft floats in the coupler. If the coupler is disconnected from the screw, just drive the pins out and install new ones.