Old 06-05-2016, 06:02 PM   #11
Mod free 5er
Originally Posted by uhduh camping View Post
If you are so inclined you can have my stabilizers and take I will take the scissor jacks.
One is not better than the other, just more expensive to replace when something goes wrong. If you want power jacks buy a cordless drill and the Camco 3/4" socket tool.
I would agree putting something in front of the axles helps. X chocks will slow some of the rocking.
I'll ship you a pair of scissor jacks and you send me your power stab jacks.

OldCoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 11:54 AM   #12
Originally Posted by maggiek View Post
I should elaborate a bit more bout my "wiggle" comment. The 2604WS has a unique rear stabilizer system. The scissor jacks are mounted at the extreme rear of the trailer frame. Also they are mounted on what appears to be framed extensions that are not strong enough for the task. After talking to the Rockwood folks, I got permission to "box" in the stabilizer mounting brackets without voiding the frame warranty. This provided a bit more "rigidity" but not what I'm looking for. The frame is a Lippert product and I have seen the Lippert electric cross frame stabilizer mounted on several UltraLite units. The mounting brakets for the system are on the frame and incidentally are about three feet forward of the rear bumper. So, all things being equal.ish, the electric system seems to afford a better solution to my quest for more stability.

I did consider the "strong arm" system, but there is no way to mount the stabilizer bar/rods to my trailer without major fabricating and modifying the frame. As a matter of fact, it was my original choice until the mounting problem presented itself.

I would still like to hear from folks that have electric cross frame stabilizer systems and their experiences with the system. Again thanks to all for the comments

We have electric stabilizer jacks on ours, still had some movement, bought the X-Chocks which did, in my opinion, improve the stability even more, but due to my wife's vertigo still felt uneasy. I bought 2 30" scissor jacks and placed them in front of the axles on the frame and she's satisfied no issues. So using all of the mentioned items I have a happy camping wife!

Happy Camping!

2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab 5'7" Bed
4 X 4 Engine 5.7L Hemi Gear 3.92
Airlift 1000
2015 2809W Windjammer (Diamond Package)
Husky Centerline WDH

ov845 is offline   Reply With Quote