Old 02-28-2015, 05:47 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
I have the Equa-flex today but after reading about the Joy Rider shocks in the September issue (I think) of trailer life, am contemplating adding them.

RV Improvement Systems
Thats a good looking kit IMHO....what they picture as the "other guys" install would be unacceptable to me. In the overslung axle "other guys" pic, I would cut the tie plate on the shock side and bend down 90degrees and gusset, then use that shock mount for a more vertical shock. Double post shock 9 to 13" travel at the mounts and gas charged. I ran close to 50/50 as they had. Parts stores have charts on shocks. Or hey...just get the kit. The old dexter kit had cheap shocks so I opted for my choice.

Old 02-28-2015, 05:55 PM   #12

Here's the article from trailer life.

http://www.rvimprovementsystems.com/..._Joy_Rider.pdf

QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 07:03 PM   #13
Fulltime family RVer

Thanks for the link QCC.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:43 PM   #14

To bad I don't saw this system before, I end up with Dexter EZ Flex with wet bolt kit and Lippert Shock kit. They are mounted on 40 degrees, hopefully they will work. After I mounted one side I thought I should cut the upper mount little bit on the top and maybe get couple more degrees. I attach the picture how I did it .
Milos
Old 03-01-2015, 12:04 AM   #15

do the mod I described earlier...then just heat the upper mount ear and rotate to align with the new lower mount location. the lippert upper mount attachment looks a little better than the 4 self tappers ithe other system. the shock length should work ok...
Old 03-01-2015, 09:25 PM   #16

found the modified tie plate

i remembered seeing a tie plate i modified in the shop so i dug around and found it again. this is the mod i do to the dexter plate. you torch a little "v" so the gusset is angled to clear the shock body. this tie plate needs no mod for the underslung axle. it was developed before the overslung became common. i saw the way dexter was running the shock over the axle and did not like it so I came up with this. since the shock mount drops down, the mod will typically work with the existing upper mount. so, Milos, if you do this mod and heat and tweek the upper mount to align you should be much better angularity wise.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	234.1 KB
ID:	70534  
Old 03-01-2015, 09:56 PM   #17

Thanks Crockett, I will look on it.
THX milos
Old 04-01-2015, 03:06 PM   #18

JoyRider Shock System

I read several posts about adding shocks to a travel trailer and most of it seemed positive. Has anyone installed a Joy Rider Shock System on a TT?
Joy Rider

I have a 2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK.

If you have used this system, did it improve trailer stability and reduce the bounce inside? Was it complicated to install?

Thanks!
Old 04-01-2015, 03:31 PM   #19

prolly the easiest install on an rv with a belly pan. A cursory look shows no issues.../
Old 04-26-2015, 11:22 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowes48fan1 View Post
I read several posts about adding shocks to a travel trailer and most of it seemed positive. Has anyone installed a Joy Rider Shock System on a TT?
Joy Rider

I have a 2014 Salem Hemisphere 282RK.

If you have used this system, did it improve trailer stability and reduce the bounce inside? Was it complicated to install?

Thanks!
I installed the Lippert shocks and after one trip they look like that, hitting tires. I switched to the Joy Rider system. Lippert stated in installation manual that you need to have a minimum 2.5 " space between the tires and the frame I do have 3 " but still they hit tires. I called them and they set should be minimum 4 ", but they ignored when I set that instruction say 2.5 "...go figure .
The Joy ride are more money, but they fit great and shocks are angled more how they should than with the Lippert system.
milos
Here is a Lippert shocks after 500 miles

Joy ride installed