Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2013, 10:42 AM   #1

EZ Flex

I installed the EZ Flex suspension on my 2011 Sabre last October. We have made one trip to Florida for a total of 5500 miles of towing. The attached picture shows the condition of the EZ Flex today. Currently awaiting a reply from Dexter.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF5073.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	35302  
riversedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #2

Does it tow any better since installing them? They look like there 3 years old! Hope they stand behind them, good luck.
Prodigy
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:42 AM   #3

I would have to say there is a bit less bounce felt while towing and not nearly as much movement of things inside of the trailer. Except for the cracking I am very pleased with them.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:47 AM   #4

Dexter will stand behind their product and send a replacement set. Send them the pics and wait for new ones. Yours looked just like mine that I replaced last summer with HD equalizers and bagged the rubber crap. Dexter admitted they had a bad batch that went out and had recently improved the rubber donuts. I couldn't wait 4 weeks for shipment. They should be caught up with back logged replacements by now. Good luck.
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:35 AM   #5

Have been in contact with Dexter and new parts are on the way. Great service.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:38 AM   #6

pretty good service
for Dexter
bakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #7

We have a similar issue currently, Dexter has been great, Forest River warranty department is a total joke
Ge.majestic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 07:27 AM   #8

I have just had a very positive response from Dexter, they have replaces my suspension parts, brake assemblies and wheel seals. They are very good to deal with, very responsive. The warranty manager was great to deal with.

Forest River warranty on the other hand was terrible to work with on this issue. Lack of response to the dealer forced us to reschedule our vacation, I am not impressed with them at all!
Old 07-26-2013, 08:23 AM   #9
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ge.majestic View Post
Forest River warranty on the other hand was terrible to work with on this issue. Lack of response to the dealer forced us to reschedule our vacation, I am not impressed with them at all!
I'm not overly defending Forest River, but I recently was blaming them for a slow response on some issues with one of my slide outs. Even calling the dealer, I was hearing "the warranty manager keeps asking us questions for more information". Serendipitous I got copied on the email thread between the dealer and the warranty manager- the problem wasn't FR.
Old 07-26-2013, 05:10 PM   #10

Yes, I agree, the dealer pays a big role in warranty. Vision RV Edmonton, AB had the unit in for rain water leaks 5 times and still didn't get it fixed and very slow. I know the suspension issue was held up by FR as it was filed on the last day of warranty. FR didn't authorize the warranty repairs for over 2 weeks, then Dexter stepped in finally. This is our third FR unit for 2 different dealers. Warranty repair delays on 2 of the 3 units. We have been waiting over 2 months for the replacement floor Lino to arrive at the dealer, very frustrated with FR.