Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2010, 10:31 PM   #1

Question Georgetown 359 xl Hydraulic jack leak

I have a Georgetown 359 xl with the front driver side jack leaking. I am also having some trouble with the living room slide out on the same side not working properly.
texasgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:45 PM   #2

You need to identify the exact location of where the jack is leaking from. If it is just from one of the hose fittings check to see that it is tight and not cross threaded.

You also didn't state what year the rig is. If new you may just have some air bubbles in the system that is causing the slide issues.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:56 PM   #3

2007 Gorgetown XL 359

I am sorry .2007 ,The leak is coming from inside the shaft of the jack that slides down.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:19 AM   #4

We had jack problems with our 2008 Georgetown when we got it. Fortunally, the dealer replaced the leaking jack in the front. A year latter, the other front jack started leaking and had to be replaced. we had an extended warranty and it took care of the second jack. As far as your slide, it may have some air in the lines. The jacks and slides are serviced by the same pump and resevour. If the fluid is low, air can seap into the pump. I called Lippert, the manufacture, and was told to keep the tank full, one inch off the top when everything is in and up.

Ken and Velda
Dahlgren, VA.
2008 Georgetown XL 378
2010 Ford Escape Limited
kvtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 07:46 AM   #5

Thanks. I am on the road and all the shop around me don't have the parts or can't see me until next week. I am heading home anyway and will have my local shop fix it. The coach net Tech said the same thing you did. They are getting me ready to just get home and take it stright to the shop. Thanks
Old 07-17-2010, 08:20 AM   #6
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Our leak was through the threads on the top of the cylinder. I took it apart with a pipe wrench after removing the hoses. Surprisingly I only lost about a cup of ATF. I teflon taped the threads, put it back together and it's been fine since. I had noticed that this cylinder's hoses were not straight and once I tightened everything after fixing the problem I got a complete 1/2 turn more and the hoses were aligned properly. I cycled the levelers 4 times after topping off the tank to remove any air in the lines.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote