Old 08-21-2016, 05:22 PM   #11
Doing a full change of grease twice on my axles I have only used 2 tubes total.

B and B
2013 Rockwood 8289 Diamond Edition
GY D's/2.5 inch lift kit/Powerhouse 4 KW EFI Generator
2016 Ford F 350 Lariat Power Stroke Diesel Crew Cab FX4
2008 Golden Falcon 380PA Park Model Model

"Oh Canada,True North Strong and Free!"
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 05:26 PM   #12
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
My second tube of grease went into the EZ Lub fitting just fine. It also migrated from the bearing area to the brake shoes, drums, magnet, etc, so guess what? NEVER again will I use the EZ Lub fittings. For me it's back to disassemble, clean everything, hand pack, reassemble, and down the road I go until 12 months later when i'll do it all over again!
That may be a seal problem/ seal surface or the hole was drilled out of spec.
Also the seal could have been installed incorrectly. Check after you redo for seal leak after a few miles. I use the drilled axle on boat trailers in saltwater, greatest thing since slice bread. But the seal is the critical area. If I drive the seal too deep on one hub it will leak because the seal lip is on the edge of the hole. "Out of Spec". Look for why it leaks when you redo. Good luck!

2013 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Stank Bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 05:42 PM   #13
I get that and makes sense. When I handed packed my old TT surely used less. I feel that the EZ Lube uses more because it has much more wasted space. Of course the manual says little to nothing. I did check the one seal of the wheel that seemed to take more and all is good. Hated taking everything apart but peace of mind...

2016 Prime Time Crusader 294RLT

2016 Days Booked - 31!
Justice12t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 06:05 PM   #14
The only thing you could do is take it all apart and clean. Just be looking to be sure the grease does not leak after redo. If the seal area leaks it may allow grease to get out. They use a double lip seal on the boat trailer stuff and probably on the rv stuff. Never been into mine. From my experience with saltwater I just check temperature and go. I did find out years ago about the double seal the hard way. Not all seals are the same, though they may fit.
Sometime there may be a burr on the drilled hole but do not chamfer it.

2013 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Stank Bait is offline   Reply With Quote