Old 08-11-2015, 12:20 PM   #11
Just starting a 3 month trip to the east coast 2 weeks ago and had only gone 250 miles when the first Goodyear Marathon blew causing significant damage to the passenger side of my FW. Turned around to head home and had gone 120 miles when the second Marathon on the same side blew. Waited 4 1/2 hours in the Nevada heat for Good Sam technician (?) to show up with a replacement tire. Needless to say, I'm replacing those tires with LT tires, possibly Goodyear G614's. I also filed a complaint with

Jack & Jo Neihouse
Grass Valley, CA

2014 Cardinal 3450RL
2011 Ford F350 SD DRW
F.R.O.G. Members
jackdn0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 02:19 PM   #12
had a goodyear eagle blow a big bubble at 6 months...done in goodyear

Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 05:51 PM   #13
I had the Goodyear marathons from the factory. We had three tires failed in a weeks time. We upgraded to the G614's and so far it's been good. Goodyear paid for the damage caused by the Marathon tires. I always check and adjust air pressure and wheel torque before we even move. I always check tires at a stop while we are traveling. How can a E range tire load being at 80 psi carry less than 300 lbs where the G614's are a 110 psi tire and 14 ply tire only carry 300 lbs than the Marathon tires? I think that they are grossly over rated. Speed and temperature also plays a role in tires and also load. I am very aware of this topic. I think Marathon tires are just plain crappie tires. Recall them.😡

jimmyt11664 is online now   Reply With Quote