Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #1

Grease on wheels

I have a 2011 233s roo. About my 3rd time towing i noticed splaterings of grease on the hub of one wheel as if coming out of axle greasing tip. I wiped away grease and on next trip it did the same thing. does anyone have an answer as to what may be going on.
goodmanbru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:03 PM   #2
H2oski

If it's on the outboard side of the wheel, check and make sure the bearing dust cap has not been damaged and seated properly. If you have grease on the inside of the wheel you probably need a new inboard seal.

PS you might get a quicker response by creating an initial posting. We won't be down here at #101 and #102.

By the way Welcome to the forum.
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:19 PM   #3

[QUOTE=goodmanbru;154201]I have a 2011 233s roo. About my 3rd time towing i noticed splaterings of grease on the hub of one wheel as if coming out of axle greasing tip. I wiped away grease and on next trip it did the same thing. does anyone have an answer as to what may be going on.[/QUOTE

Pull the center cap off and see if the dust cap is properly installed.I had the same problem.....when I removed the center cap the DUST CAP fell out on the ground.It was never seated from the factory is my guess.Topped the easy lube's off with grease,checked the lug nuts and adjusted the brakes.Good to go ......but it really ticks me off about the dust cap,just plain bad workmanship,period.
peaeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 03:01 AM   #4
Site Team - Lou

Bruce,

Check your rubber grease cap for flexibility and dry rot. Mine was cracked and let grease seep out when the bearings warmed up. Looked like little "dashes" on the white rims.

Rubber Plug for EZ-Lube Grease Caps 32640, RG04-010 DCRP

or you might just write the factory. I did when the camper was two years old and they sent me an envelope of new ones as goodwill.

AL-KO Kober - Brakes, Hubs & Drums
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote