Old 08-04-2016, 09:19 PM   #11
Usually Confused Member

The axles are probably 5,200 pound rated. However, the 5,080 rating on the main sticker is due to the D rated tires (2,540 pounds each). FR de-rated the axles to match the tire capacity. Same thing on my TT.

As far as all the numbers, only two of them mean anything real. The maximum trailer weight is 10,945 pounds and the max axle weight is 5,080 each. You will have to go to a CAT scale to get the real operating weight weight for YOUR trailer. Once you have that then subtract that number from 10,945 to find out how much stuff (weight) you can put in the trailer. The CAT scale will give you the actual loaded weight for each axle and it's going to be almost impossible to put enough stuff in the TT to exceed that.

Vengeance 25V (the Harley needed a home)
emm-dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 09:34 PM   #12

The yellow sticker is incorrect. No way you can hall that much weight, The Inside sticker is correct for the weight of the trailer. Dealer should fix this for you.

Old 08-04-2016, 09:51 PM   #13
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
The yellow sticker is incorrect. No way you can hall that much weight, The Inside sticker is correct for the weight of the trailer. Dealer should fix this for you.
The yellow sticker doesn't show maximum weight, only the empty weight, which is correct plus or minus a couple hundred pounds. The white sticker is the "legal" thing stating the max weight is 10,945. So, if the yellow sticker says 6,800 (really hard to read) you subtract that # from 10,945 to get 4,145 cargo capacity. The yellow sticker OK. Again, it's hard to read the exact digits but you get the idea.

Old 08-04-2016, 10:55 PM   #14

Forest River specs for the Wildwood Northwest model #T27DBUD match the specs on your sheet #1. Thus, sheet #2 must be in error and for another model trailer although the model number matches sheet #1, however, the dates on the sheets do not match and sheet #1 is the official date sent to NHTSA. I recommend you send your pictures to FR and let them send you the correct sheet #2 - if they can?

Your real problem in the near futures is tire size. Like a lot of other FR trailers yours has tires that cannot survive very long when you get it full of stuff. You should, as a minimum precaution, go up to the same size in a LRE.

Some trailer manufacturers offer a bumper option for light cargo such as you want to add. Have you asked FR about it?

Here is a picture of an optional bike carrier on another brand trailer. I took the picture at a recent RV show. It was offered as an option.

http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showfull.php?photo=29906

p.s. I see nothing wrong with sheet #1.
Airdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 11:01 PM   #15
Usually Confused Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdale View Post
Forest River specs for the Wildwood Northwest model #T27DBUD match the specs on your sheet #1. Thus, sheet #2 must be in error and for another model trailer although the model number matches sheet #1, however, the dates on the sheets do not match and sheet #1 is the official date sent to NHTSA. I recommend you send your pictures to FR and let them send you the correct sheet #2 - if they can?

Your real problem in the near futures is tire size. Like a lot of other FR trailers yours has tires that cannot survive very long when you get it full of stuff. You should, as a minimum precaution, go up to the same size in a LRE.

Some trailer manufacturers offer a bumper option for light cargo such as you want to add. Have you asked FR about it?

Here is a picture of an optional bike carrier on another brand trailer. I took the picture at a recent RV show. It was offered as an option.

It probably has the LionsHead Vail Sport tires. Easily replaceable with the Maxxis 8008 E-load.

Old 08-05-2016, 03:14 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
The yellow sticker doesn't show maximum weight, only the empty weight, which is correct plus or minus a couple hundred pounds. The white sticker is the "legal" thing stating the max weight is 10,945. So, if the yellow sticker says 6,800 (really hard to read) you subtract that # from 10,945 to get 4,145 cargo capacity. The yellow sticker OK. Again, it's hard to read the exact digits but you get the idea.
Yes, top sticker...ooops......... by habit I always call the white federal sticker in his post the yellow sticker. On the other trailers we had the federal sticker was always yellow, at least the top section of it. Isn't it supposed to be?

The yellow cargo sticker below it says 583 lbs for water? Either the tank is 70 gallons instead of the advertised 40, or the water is exceptionally heavy as about 15 lbs a gallon.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:05 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdale View Post

The bike carrier and tray in your photo is standard on my 5er. It is stamped into it, no label to come off, 200# limit. I have never used mine as that extra 2' +/- behind the bumper would seem prone to dragging.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 07:01 PM   #18

eTrailer.com sells a shelf which can be mounted over the propane tanks. However that
adds pounds to your tongue weight so you have to know what your margin of safety is. My MiniLite weighs 4800 pounds. My truck (2010 Toyota Tundra 5.7L with tow package) can tow 11,300 pounds.