Old 11-05-2015, 06:24 PM   #31
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnoland30 View Post
I bought Taskmaster tires from etrailer.com. They are rated at 81 mph, and load range D. They only has ST215/75R14s which are about a 1/2" taller than my old tires. $89 each with free shipping. They seem to be working fine. Over the years I've had multiple trips with 2 blowouts on all kinds of trailers. Now that I know better, I won't buy a tire that is less than load range D or rated less than 75 mph. Your cars and trucks don't have blowouts unless they lose tire pressure. Your trailer shouldn't either.
One way to see tire durability on TT similar to what is seen on cars & trucks is to run similar load margin (15% to 20%) and to run TPMS so you don't have air loss that ends in sidewall run low flex break i.e. "Blowout".

I write a blog on RV tire application and safety and give seminars on tires at RV events across the US. 40 years experience as tire design & quality engineer for major tire mfg. Freelander 23QB on Chevy chassis is my RV
RV Tire Safety Blog
Tireman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:58 PM   #32
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobbles View Post
acadianbob,
Is this size out of production? Can you point me towards a US national retailer?
I ordered mine online from Tire Rack.

P.S. Make sure to pay attention to overall diameter/circumference. My trailer only has 2" of clearance between the tires. A larger diameter/circumference was out of the question; especially since I use the Roto Chok that goes between the tires.

1969 John Deere 1020, 1940 Ford 9N, 1948 Ford 8N
Jonsered 535, Can of WD-40, Duct Tape
Red Green coffee mugs
acadianbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 11:05 PM   #33
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnoland30 View Post
I bought Taskmaster tires from etrailer.com. They are rated at 81 mph, and load range D. They only has ST215/75R14s which are about a 1/2" taller than my old tires. $89 each with free shipping. They seem to be working fine. Over the years I've had multiple trips with 2 blowouts on all kinds of trailers. Now that I know better, I won't buy a tire that is less than load range D or rated less than 75 mph. Your cars and trucks don't have blowouts unless they lose tire pressure. Your trailer shouldn't either.

Question...What kind of warranty did you get? Do you have to ship the tire back to them if there is a claim on any problems?
I write a blog on RV tire application and safety and give seminars on tires at RV events across the US. 40 years experience as tire design & quality engineer for major tire mfg. Freelander 23QB on Chevy chassis is my RV
RV Tire Safety Blog
Old 11-22-2015, 10:40 PM   #34

Warranty?

We don't need no stinkin' warranty. Got that from Blazing Saddles!

Since there was no response, there must not be one other than order some more.

The more I read, it seems it's best to stick to something easy to replace without UPS and several days waiting. My last "China Bombs" cost me only about two hours delay as I was next to Discount Tire in Bastrop, TX.

Almost South of the Border
whatsupchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 09:55 AM   #35
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsupchuck View Post
We don't need no stinkin' warranty. Got that from Blazing Saddles!

Since there was no response, there must not be one other than order some more.

The more I read, it seems it's best to stick to something easy to replace without UPS and several days waiting. My last "China Bombs" cost me only about two hours delay as I was next to Discount Tire in Bastrop, TX.

You were lucky as I don't think UPS delivers to "Mile marker 234 on I-10"
RV Tire Safety Blog
Old 11-29-2015, 10:56 AM   #36

Doc,
Did you select your tires yet?
Wobbles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 07:31 PM   #37
Who Dares, Wins

I did not sounded like I was going to get the Kumhos but they became a pain to source. Ended up putting off the replacement until the beginning of this next season. We are on our last trip until April or so... 14" rims seemed to limit our choices. Might still make a flip to 15" rims to give a few more choices.

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
select, tire