Old 10-19-2014, 02:25 PM   #1
Hercules Tire Report - Truck and Trailer

Tow vehicle - 2001 Dodge Diesel - Hercules LT265-75-R16 Load Range E
Trailer - 2008 8285WS - Hercules 205-75--15 Load Range D

Truck - Now about 20,000 miles on the tires - 8000 miles towing. Looks like they are good for another 20,000.

Trailer - Now about 7000 miles on the tires - tread depth new was .30" now reads an average of .26" on all 4 tires.

Comments - The Hercules trailer tires looked very straight and round on the balancer. Used a minimal amount of weight to balance. They require no air after sitting for 4 months.

Like many, I was at, or close to, the maximum weight for the axles (2x3500)and stock "C" rated tires. Upgraded to the "D" rated with a max pressure of 65PSI. The wheels "Series 06" are rated for 60PSI and I run them about 62PSI.

Just finished a 5000 mile trip over some fairly miserable roads (bad enough to lose one of the trailer wheels hubcaps) - no problems and added no air. I am sure I was at or close to the 7000lbs on the axles. Travel speed was usually about 62MPH with an occasional 65-70 run. Tire temp on all tires never exceeded 115.

cadman99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 02:37 PM   #2
Great info. Thanks

Sent from my high tech gadget
RKR is offline   Reply With Quote

tire, trailer, truck