Old 05-23-2016, 03:57 PM   #1

How to put my trailer on blocks?

New 36BHBS arriving later this week. Wondering what the best method is to take the weight off the wheels and support the camper using blocks under the frame?

Old 05-31-2016, 01:38 PM   #2

ER, UH, why would one want to do this, unless you were setting a TT up somewhat permanent. I do know this: Just to find out IF it would work in case of a flat tire I tried to jack up my TT, a 31', with a 3 ton floor jack from my shop placed under one axle. No way. The jack is in great condition also. I found out that my 10 ton bottle jack would do the job nicely so I now have one in the front storage area. Just in case.

Old 05-31-2016, 01:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurman View Post
ER, UH, why would one want to do this, unless you were setting a TT up somewhat permanent. I do know this: Just to find out IF it would work in case of a flat tire I tried to jack up my TT, a 31', with a 3 ton floor jack from my shop placed under one axle. No way. The jack is in great condition also. I found out that my 10 ton bottle jack would do the job nicely so I now have one in the front storage area. Just in case.
Camper is located on a seasonal site, it will never move. We want to take out the flex/movement in the camper when we walk around. The stabilizers on the camper are total garbage. I can see them move as my kids walk around. We were told not to take the weight off the weeks as it would damage the frame. Looking for advice on the best way to get support under the frame without twisting it.
Old 05-31-2016, 02:06 PM   #4
Mod free 5er

Jack between the axles against the frame and lift it to get the wheels off the ground on one side, place pilings/jack stands in front of and behind the axles. Then do the same on the other side. Then jack up the rear of the trailer with the jack against the frame and place piling/jack stands. Do the same with the front of the trailer. Place as many pilings/jack stands against the frame as necessary.
Old 05-31-2016, 03:55 PM   #5

If this were me, I'd simply lower the front of the camper beyond level, block under rear of frame, then raise front up just past where the rear blocks carry the frame load. Block front and set it all back down. I used to set my own job site trailer this way.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 04:19 PM   #6
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtstromsburg View Post
If this were me, I'd simply lower the front of the camper beyond level, block under rear of frame, then raise front up just past where the rear blocks carry the frame load. Block front and set it all back down. I used to set my own job site trailer this way.
I think blocking the rear of the frame and then raising the front would bend these flimsy frames, that's why I suggested blocking just behind the axles and then in front of the axles.

Tags
trailer, lock