Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2015, 11:25 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: crete,il /texas
Posts: 384
New unit? It sounds like the dealer should help, call them for help
__________________

__________________
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 04:36 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Vince and Charlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Spring Valley OH
Posts: 504
Since the inner and outer wheel holes are aligned with each other, the 45 degree angle of the valve stem doesn't point at the hole in the outer rim. It seems that one would need a solid stem extension shaped like an S in order to get through both wheel holes. Advice?
__________________

__________________
2015 GT 364TSF
Vince and Charlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 11:55 AM   #13
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince and Charlette View Post
Since the inner and outer wheel holes are aligned with each other, the 45 degree angle of the valve stem doesn't point at the hole in the outer rim. It seems that one would need a solid stem extension shaped like an S in order to get through both wheel holes. Advice?

NAPA has a dual head air chuck that is straight instead of a 45-degree angle. I use that on my truck to get to the inner duals.
__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 12:29 PM   #14
Member
 
milvet33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 54
dual head air chuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
NAPA has a dual head air chuck that is straight instead of a 45-degree angle. I use that on my truck to get to the inner duals.
That looks perfect for airing that inside dual. Question is how do you check the pressure. Can your chuck be hooked to a pressure gauge or somehow incorporated into a gauge equipped air gun?
__________________
milvet33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 01:06 PM   #15
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 14,765
Quote:
Originally Posted by milvet33 View Post
That looks perfect for airing that inside dual. Question is how do you check the pressure. Can your chuck be hooked to a pressure gauge or somehow incorporated into a gauge equipped air gun?

I also have a dual head tire pressure gauge that has a straight end on it. Got it from Amazon for something like $20.

I just fill for a while and then check and repeat as needed.
__________________

__________________
2012 Ram 3500 DRW/crew cab/long bed/4x4/4.10 gears pulling an early 2013 Sabre 36QBOK
Checkout my site for RVing tips, tricks, and info | My family and I have fulltimed since June 2015
ependydad is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
tire

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 PM.