Old 05-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinchenzzi View Post
THanks everyone. Guess the bikes go in the truck bed, maybe I will try to attatch to truck roof rack, I knew that thing had a purpose.Love this site.
I applaud your willingness to concede !

Any idea you have other than the rear bumper is 100% better!
Good luck and let us know what you do.

Old 05-29-2013, 10:54 AM   #12

Well I am not ready yet, One more try. I will concede the bumper option is OUT. I will also concede that drilling into the frame will void my warranty. But lets look to the future. I would like a cargo carrier for my Honda minivan,for day trips and such. Is there one designed for TT that I can attatch DIRECTLY to the frame when warranty is expired.I was told they make these for the rigourous travel of the TT.I hope I have not exhausted all of your patience.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:16 AM   #13

Quote:
THanks everyone. Guess the bikes go in the truck bed, maybe I will try to attatch to truck roof rack, I knew that thing had a purpose.Love this site.
There are some pretty good bike racks that attach to the RV ladder. I used to carry two on the back of an old TT when the kids were young. The ladders are pretty sturdy. I'm over 200# and have never had a problem with one. You'll want to make sure you can mount it so none of the bike is jutting out the side. Some of them are made so you can hang the bike vertically.
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Well I am not ready yet, One more try. I will concede the bumper option is OUT. I will also concede that drilling into the frame will void my warranty. But lets look to the future. I would like a cargo carrier for my Honda minivan,for day trips and such. Is there one designed for TT that I can attatch DIRECTLY to the frame when warranty is expired.I was told they make these for the rigourous travel of the TT.I hope I have not exhausted all of your patience.
Your BEST bet in doing this although I'd be hesitant would be to build your hitch from the frame of the tt rather than anything to do with the bumper.
I have a factory mounted carrier as you describe attached to my frame and has a 450lb rating.
Now here's the kicker..... my frame I beams are NOT fabricated I beams as most tt trailers are as well as there over 10" tall.
Most tt frames or I beams are a piece of 6 or 8" thin plate with a top and bottom tack welded to it..... not very strong.

Sending a pm.
Old 05-29-2013, 12:05 PM   #15
Fulltime family RVer

I also read the RV.net forums (especially when I want to read posts from angry and rather snarky people- wow, some people need to relax!). I only read the first two posts in this thread and lost interest, but it immediately made me think of this thread:
RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: The Bike Rack Rocks and Rolls
Old 05-30-2013, 07:59 AM   #16
Site Team - Lou

As in any open forum; Caveat Lector. (Reader Beware)

Most of what you read has no basis in fact, is typically a rehash of hearsay or anecdotal evidence, or just plain made up to start an argument.

Always do your own research, draw your own conclusion based on the evidence (and not what you WANT to believe), and be prepared to waste money on things that just don't work out the way you had hoped.

It has to be true! I saw it on the Internet!

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote