Old 02-26-2015, 08:40 PM   #11

Just a word on tires. I talked (via e-mail) with Forest River rep & he said if you change to a tire rated differently than that recommended, it would void warrant (if still under warranty). I have decided to stay with recommended tires & just keep a very close eye on them. Will probably change after warranty runs out.

Old 02-27-2015, 12:11 PM   #12

What warranty does it void? It can not void the warranty on the whole trailer. If your fridge has an issue how can they say that was related to different tires?

Vibe 6501
1 Prospector Canoe
2 Mtn. Bikes
4 Hiking Boots
Happy Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 06:18 PM   #13

Happy Vibe
Rep said if you have an issue that causes damage because of incorrect rated tires it would void your warranty. Reps name is Chris Hollowell if you would like to pursue the explanation.
Old 03-01-2015, 09:08 AM   #14
DDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa GLS View Post
Just a word on tires. I talked (via e-mail) with Forest River rep & he said if you change to a tire rated differently than that recommended, it would void warrant (if still under warranty). I have decided to stay with recommended tires & just keep a very close eye on them. Will probably change after warranty runs out.
I can see where this would be a problem, some units run with very small clearances so putting D on in place of C would increase the physical size a fraction but may just be enough to cause damage.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 08:43 PM   #15

Load range D is a higher weight capacity , same exact size tire. If you do not exceed the axle weight and mfg loading recommendations it is not an issue.

Wildwood 241QBXL
dacheedah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 10:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacheedah View Post
Load range D is a higher weight capacity , same exact size tire. If you do not exceed the axle weight and mfg loading recommendations it is not an issue.

Maybe you could take a look around at what mfg are doing these days; Chinese tires with a 65 mph speed rating used on campers that empty use up about 80% of there capacity. In my case, loaded ready to go, I had 6875# on four tires that were ratd to carry a max of 7040#. Equally divided each tire would have only 41# of reserve capacity IF the torq flex axles equally divided the weight. And I know some weight is carried by the tongue; but the mfg are cutting corners too close for me. Also if you look at the weight of the smaller single axle campers you see the same thing, tires carring 3100-350000# on two tires rated to carry 3520#; again made in China whith who knows what for rubber, speed rated to 65mph, months of reading on here and elsewhere about there failures, It was a 'no brainer' for me to choose an upgrade to a quality, non chinese, 8 ply load range D tire which happens to also be rated up to 99 mph.

Days camped 2015=42 2014=48 2013=41 2012=47 2011=18
dannyabear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire, tires