Old 07-05-2012, 09:47 PM   #11
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
The 5M indicates that the tire was made in Kumsan Kun, Chung Chong Nam Do, in Korea for Hankook tire.

There should be 4 numbers stamped into the sidewill directly to the right of those codes you gave.
I'll check and see what those numbers are.... where did you get all of that information at? I woulda looked 3 days trying to find that out Thanks, I get back with you. jdadoug

"Aint never nuthing easy"
jdadoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #12
For future reference:
All the D.O.T. Tire Plant Codes

bob213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:08 AM   #13
Southwestern Newbie
Tire DOT Info

The first few letters of a DOT tell you the manufacturer, where manufactured and some other data users don't usually need to know. The build date is found in the last four digits as already stated, but let me add a bit of detail. If the last four digits of the tire were 0111 then that means the tires were produced in January of 2011. The first two numbers tell the month, the last two the year of production.

I used to help manage a leading large retail tire outlet in my life before becoming a teacher. Kumho tires used to be marginal at best but now have some respect in the industry (much like Hyundai and other Korean companies). However, having worked in the Southwest I wasn't as fond of them in hot weather as I was in colder climates like Michigan where I am from. It always seemed to me they have higher rates of workmanship issues (separations) especially after 50% usage. I think you are fine if you stay in cold climates but I would never ever leave any trailer tire on for more than 3 years, especially in a hot climate. The fact that they are LT tires wouldn't bother me in the least.

Originally Posted by jdadoug View Post
Thanks guys, makes me feel better all ready. Yeah the 16" tires is a up grade on the Cardinal LX package, along with the heated tanks and heated basement.
I got outside and looked at the tires and they say: Hankook DynaPro AS
LT235/85 R16 I take it that they are not a "trailer tire"? Now I have been reading alot about finding out how old they are by reading the DOT code. These seem to be different?
( DOT 5MOR JNR) ????? So what does that mean? Anybody got a good guess?
Thanks, jdadoug. OBTW, I just smoked some terrible good ribs.

2006 Flagstaff M-23lb with triple bunk.
2004 Dodge Durango SLT 2wd; Yeah, it's got a Hemi.
100 watt solar kit with Trojan AGM Series 31 pending
Misterdanderson is offline   Reply With Quote