Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-16-2016, 10:52 PM   #1

Levelup reliability

We've had the new fiver with the 6 point hydraulic levelup system for about 10 months now. Initially had a couple of issues that was no fault of the levelup, but caused by crappy battery wiring by the dealer. Took me a couple of hours, but finally figured out what was happening. My biggest mistake was assuming the dealer had it right....silly me.

I really like the system, but i wanted to ask others about reliability. I'm not booger hunting, but just wanted to see if anyone has had issues with their system and how it was resolved. Would really like to know if its as reliable as it seems to be.

Does anyone keep any spare parts? If so, which ones? I'm planning on putting a small electric drill with a socket driver to fit the drive hub on the back of the motor. Just in case it ever failed with jacks down while away from home.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:08 PM   #2

Only minor hiccups I've had are when the voltage drops. It trips the little breaker button meaning I have to re-set in order to get it working again.

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 11:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hutch333id View Post
Only minor hiccups I've had are when the voltage drops. It trips the little breaker button meaning I have to re-set in order to get it working again.
Yep, i had the same thing at first, but that was caused by the dealers incorrect wiring. After i got that straightened out, I added a 3rd 12 volt battery to mine, but in hindsight, I'm not sure i really needed that. It does help hold voltage up when loads are heavy, but i think it would work fine with 2 batteries. Best option would be two 6 volt batteries as the amp-hour rating would be better, which is an option I'll consider when these batteries get old.