Old 04-22-2016, 12:56 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by atcla View Post
Hello all, we are getting ready to head out on a short weekend trip. Have a 2014 Wildcat Maxx 313RE. I actually bothered to read thru some of the manuals and found something interesting with my Lippert electric jacks. The manual says the front landing gear jacks and the rear jacks are for leveling and the middle jacks are the stabilizing ones. Well, my unit is using the middle jacks for leveling and the rear for stabilizing in the auto level mode! Did they hook the jacks up wrong from the factory? And if they did, is it as easy as switching the plugs at the control box? The box is labeled well and it seems I could just switch the rear and middle wires to correct the problem. Thank you in advance!
Mine works like your manual, front 1st... back 2nd... middle 3rd... then they all tweak their position till the system controller is happy. I agree with comments re. check with your dealer.

PapaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 04:14 PM   #12

On mine, I have noticed that this behavior may be caused by how low the middle legs are lowered to the ground. If too low, the middle legs get used before the rear and the RV is improperly balanced. To correct this and have the legs work in the proper sequence, only lower the rear and middle legs just a bit. Approximate 6 -8" from the ground. Then allow the system to balance the RV automatically and you will notice that it will handle them as it should.

Depending on how level the ground is, the middle legs may need more clearance. As long as you maintain the 6-8" or more, the RV will level correctly by lowering the front first; followed by the rear and finally the middle.

Happy camping

Medic97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 11:53 AM   #13

So here's what my auto level does. 1) Grounds the front jacks and then lowers or raises them for front back leveling. 2) Grounds the middle jacks and then starts the rest of the leveling. 3) Only after the leveling is done, it grounds the back jacks...and that's the end. It still seems to me it should be using the front and back jacks to do all the leveling, then lower the middle ones to stabilize. We're camping right now, but I'll be checking with the dealer or Forest River to see what is correct for my trailer.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:34 AM   #14

We have a brand-new 2016 Cardinal 3250 Fifth-Wheel with Lippert 6-point hydraulic leveling system. As delivered from the factory, the "zero-point" leveling setting was incorrect. After a couple of trips where we relied on the factory setting, I decided to re-set the "zero-point" manually in our driveway at home. After disconnecting from the tow vehicle, with only the front jacks touching ground, enter "Manual Mode" and level the trailer front/rear using only the front jacks. We use a carpenter's level on the floor inside the door of the trailer. After achieving level front/rear, deploy the rear jacks until all four just touch down. Now check level right/left while still in "Manual Mode". Extend the right or left side rear jacks as needed until you reach precise level as indicated on the bubble of the carpenter's level. Turn the system off, then press the front button 10 times, followed by pressing the rear button 10 times. The system should then acknowledge a new "zero Point" setting by giving a healthy "BEEEEP".

Check your Owner's Manual for the exact system you have, and you should see similar instructions. If not, you should be able to find the precise instructions on Lippert's website. Their technical assistance people are quite helpful, as well. We have called once or twice to sort out details of specific issues, and they speak English without any kind of thick accent!!
Old 04-27-2016, 12:51 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakie-Boy View Post
We have a brand-new 2016 Cardinal 3250 Fifth-Wheel with Lippert 6-point hydraulic leveling system. As delivered from the factory, the "zero-point" leveling setting was incorrect. After a couple of trips where we relied on the factory setting, I decided to re-set the "zero-point" manually in our driveway at home. After disconnecting from the tow vehicle, with only the front jacks touching ground, enter "Manual Mode" and level the trailer front/rear using only the front jacks. We use a carpenter's level on the floor inside the door of the trailer. After achieving level front/rear, deploy the rear jacks until all four just touch down. Now check level right/left while still in "Manual Mode". Extend the right or left side rear jacks as needed until you reach precise level as indicated on the bubble of the carpenter's level. Turn the system off, then press the front button 10 times, followed by pressing the rear button 10 times. The system should then acknowledge a new "zero Point" setting by giving a healthy "BEEEEP".

Check your Owner's Manual for the exact system you have, and you should see similar instructions. If not, you should be able to find the precise instructions on Lippert's website. Their technical assistance people are quite helpful, as well. We have called once or twice to sort out details of specific issues, and they speak English without any kind of thick accent!!
I have a 2016 CC Silverback. Auto works great but sometimes I use manual. When in the manual mode the display on the Lippert control actually tells me the degrees out in +/- readings front to back and left to right. Now, I have never taken a carpenters level to verify these readings but I have not noticed that things are out of kilter...

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:38 PM   #16

Solved

Thank you all for your help! I contacted LCI today, very good customer service by the way, and was told my system was not set up properly! Indeed the rear jacks should come down after the front and the middle jacks stabilize. He said it was as simple as switching the plugs and reset the zero point calibration! This is the best forum for help, lots of knowledge from all the experienced people!

Thanks again!
Old 04-30-2016, 12:34 PM   #17

There is a YouTube video that shows exactly how it works

Amateur Radio W5CI 2016 Days Camping 50
2017 Days Camping 77
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling