Old 04-21-2016, 11:06 PM   #1

Lippert 6 point leveling

Hello all, we are getting ready to head out on a short weekend trip. Have a 2014 Wildcat Maxx 313RE. I actually bothered to read thru some of the manuals and found something interesting with my Lippert electric jacks. The manual says the front landing gear jacks and the rear jacks are for leveling and the middle jacks are the stabilizing ones. Well, my unit is using the middle jacks for leveling and the rear for stabilizing in the auto level mode! Did they hook the jacks up wrong from the factory? And if they did, is it as easy as switching the plugs at the control box? The box is labeled well and it seems I could just switch the rear and middle wires to correct the problem. Thank you in advance!

Old 04-21-2016, 11:27 PM   #2

I have the 6 point as well, are you saying that the front come down first, then the middle, and then the rear?

Old 04-21-2016, 11:32 PM   #3

Yes, and according to the manual it should be front, rear, then middle!
Old 04-21-2016, 11:35 PM   #4

Now that I think about it, it makes more sense for the front and back to do the leveling since they are farther apart from each other.
Old 04-21-2016, 11:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by atcla View Post
Now that I think about it, it makes more sense for the front and back to do the leveling since they are farther apart from each other.
That is how mine work, I would try to swap the connections as you were talking about but, that should had been caught when it was installed and you may have to do a zero point calibration.

Calibration
Setting The Zero Point The “Zero Point” is the programmed point that the unit will return to each time the Auto Level feature is used. The “Zero Point” MUST be programmed prior to using the Auto Level feature to ensure the proper operation of the system. NOTE: Prior to starting this procedure, double check all connections on the controller, jacks, and touch pad.

1. Manually run the jacks to level the unit. This is best achieved by placing a level in the center of the unit and leveling it both front to back and then side to side. (See “Basic Jack Operation” for instructions on how to manually operate the system).

2. Once the unit is level, turn off the touch pad.

3. With the touch pad off, press and release the “FRONT” button five (5) times and then press and release the “REAR” button five (5) times.

4. The touch pad will flash and beep and the display will read “ZERO POINT CALIBRATION ENTER to set, Power to Exit”.

5. To set the current position as the zero point, press the “ENTER” button.

6. LCD display will read “Zero Point stability check”.

7. LCD display will read “Zero point set successfully” once process is complete.

8. The system will set this point as its level state and the touch pad will turn off.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-22-2016, 12:01 AM   #6

Thank you Curt and Michele! This is only the sixth time we had this out, so still a newbie and learning so much from this forum! I will now be reading with more attention to all the user manuals. I never would have thought anything was wrong if I didn't look thru the manual and notice that! From what I read on this forum it seems to be part for the course in quality control from the factory! We love our 5er and look forward to many trips!
Old 04-22-2016, 06:26 AM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I would check with the dealer or factory to be sure. May have been set up this way because of where the weight is distributed on the trailer. Your manual is generic and not specific to your trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 04-22-2016, 07:18 AM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Lippert 6 point leveling

Mine operate front rear middle
I agree with Tim "aquaman" though.

2008 2500hd Duramax
2015 Columbus 320RS
2016 nights camped "0"
2015 nights camped "34"
Old 04-22-2016, 11:45 AM   #9

Thank you AquaMan and TURBS! I won't do anything until I find out for sure the correct sequence for my trailer. They should give addendums for trailers that don't follow what the user manual says, but that would be asking too much I guess! I'll update this when I find out the answer to help anyone else that may be wondering!
Old 04-22-2016, 12:24 PM   #10

Hmm . . .

I've got hydraulics on a fifth wheel, but I think the concept is the same.
Front landing gear level front to rear. The remaining 4 with the front gear keep adjusting left to right. When the gear come down, they are just making ground contact, so it doesn't matter what order those 4 come down in. Once you hit auto, the magic happens.

It could be different for electric . . .

Tags
leveling