Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
Hob

Lippert Frames

Can anyone tell me what travel trailers and fifth wheel trailers don't use Lippert frames. If I can, I prefer to stay away from a Lippert frame.

Regards,

Hob
Hob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:11 PM   #2

Good luck with this,

You might be better of contacting Leland Engineering and trying to determine who they supply, as I think they are the only other Frame MFG left now that Dexter and Lippert joint venture on frames.
2023 Road Glide ST
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #3

Northwood as I understand build their own frames.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:07 PM   #4
Hob

Last laugh is on me.

After I backed out of buying a WP 295, my straight pull 2009 Puma 27 FQ has a tear in the brace holding the fresh water tank in. I'm leaving Idaho in 10 days. I called a place today and the welder told me he would be out Monday about 10 AM to fix my brace.

I'm down to thinking ALL Lippert products are junk. If I'm ever asked you can bet I'm going to express a very negative opinion of anything with a Lippert product in it.

Best Regards,

Hob
Old 03-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #5

Checked the literature in my Flagstaff 5th wheel yesterday and it has a Dexter frame. What little I looked at, the welds looked good, the I beams look a little thin. Wayne
wayne anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:02 PM   #6

The Lippert frame thing has been hashed and rehashed.I've had a couple of TT's before this fiver with lippert frames and no issues.I know that PT uses Lippert components,unsure as to what frame they used for my 320. If you check out RV Net they have ALL the dirt or mud if you prefer on Lippert frames and components!

Steve & Sue
2011 Crusader 320RLT
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 (CTD) DRW 4x4
RattVader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 07:11 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

We have a Dexter frame on out 2008 Surveyor 263. Kinda reverse of many trailers......a Dexter frame and Lippert axles.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:01 PM   #8
Hob

I was feeling pretty smug because I had a straight pull trailer and they seemed to be immune to the problem. I was really wrong. I think Lippert is just a big vortex and it's going to suck all the trailer owners down eventually.
Old 03-13-2012, 04:05 PM   #9
Hob

Got my frame welded up today. Found a guy with a portable welder to come out and fix the frame so the fresh water tank wouldn't fall out when the brace totally failed. It cost me $150 so it wasn't terrible. With the junk Lippert puts out it could have cost a lot more if I was going down the road and that frame gave up its last leg and and fell out on the road along with the water tank. The guy also welded in a 1/8" thick 1 1/2" X 1 1/2" angle iron across the frame for another frame brace. He suggested I have one welded at every tin brace Lippert put in for safety when I get back to IL. I'm going to do just that too. Forest River needs to remove its head from where it is and start getting frames from someone that will build them right.

Best Regards, (That is to everyone except Lippert.)