Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2019, 12:31 PM   #1

Lippert Ground Control TT

These are questions for those that have the Lippert Ground Control TT on their travel trailers. 1) how much movement do you feel if someone is moving front to back or side to side in the trailer? What issues have you had?
Currently I have the two factory installed BAL stabilizers front and back. Yes, I know she should get used to it, but my wife is a light sleeper and feels when some moves around in the middle of the night. SO, I’m either going to add a third stabilizer in front of the wheels and hope it helps or bite the bullet and get the LCI GCtt IF IT reduces substantially the flex of the trailer.
Any help?
simiHal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 04:44 PM   #2

I to am wondering the same thing. I think most of my bounce is coming from the weight bouncing up and down on the tor flex axels. I just don't want to spend that kind of money and still have bounce.
philhan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 06:51 PM   #3

Thanks. Hoping someone will help out and respond.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:15 PM   #4

We have very little movement. Ours work like this: raise front and disconnect and move tow vehicle. Hit level, front jacks lower the trailer pretty close to level front to rear. Back jacks along with midline jacks touch ground then the leveling starts. According to my manual, the front and rear jacks hold the majority of the weight and adjust level while the midline jacks stabilize. On other TT and fifth wheel, I added a scissor jack either in front of or just behind the spring hangers and cranked them hard tight which got rid of most movement.
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:00 PM   #5

Thanks for the reply. I gather since you add the scissor jacks in the middle the Ground Control tt allows some rocking similar to the c-jack stabilizers. If that’s the case then the only advantage to the GCtt is the initial setup which carries a convenience factor for me but a tuff sell for SAF.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:38 PM   #6

I have the 6 way level up system and jave quite a bit of bounce when DW moves about in the morning. She is an early riser and I swear sometimes she is doing jumping jacks. It can be annoying.

To help eliminate this it helps if you can shorten the length the leveling rams extend by putting boards under the jacks.

I love the level up system and would not have another without it, jiggle and all, but don’t put it on to eliminate bounce. You may be disappointed...

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 08:27 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by simiHal View Post
Thanks for the reply. I gather since you add the scissor jacks in the middle the Ground Control tt allows some rocking similar to the c-jack stabilizers. If that’s the case then the only advantage to the GCtt is the initial setup which carries a convenience factor for me but a tuff sell for SAF.

No, previous equipment without level up were equipped with scissor jacks adjacent to spring hangers. New Cardinal gets very little movement.
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 01:53 PM   #8
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

I have Ground Control 3 on my 5th wheel. I noticed that occasionally in spite of being level I was getting movement inside. This is usually due to a campground site that requires taking too much weight off one side or the other to get to level. On a whim I bought the a pair of the light weight, cheapo Camco Wheel Stops.

Easy to install, easy to carry and they fixed the problem.

Camco Wheel Stop
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 02:19 PM   #9

The levelers, stabilizers all need to be applying about the same pressure. I also use pads underneath the feet to distribute the weight over the ground, gravel or pavement. If one leg is a little firmer down or up then parts of the rig can move slightly. It's important to get the rig as level as possible and not try to level corners up with the so called levelers as they will level that point, but has more pressure than the others.
Some people don't feel a thing while others can feel an ant moving under the pavement.
RV floors will flex and frames will flex some... just the nature of the beast. Your home probably has at least 3/4" laying on top of a floor joist... I doubt any RV is carrying that kind of floor.
Now if you have grandkids along 2,4 & 6 all bets are off and only an earthquake will be felt more.

Now we did stay in a Motorhome that had 6 point hydraulic auto levelers that could lift the wheels off the ground. That thing was solid.

2019 Ford SD F-350 SRW Lariat
Tow & Gooseneck Prep
FX4 Off Road (4X4)
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 11:32 AM   #10

I have the 6 point leveler also. I keep the cyl. as short from the trailer as possible. My DW will not let it have any movement at all. In doing this short out from cyl, it was as good as it can be. It took a little time to figure out where to start, but worth it.
Jester

2012 Super Crew 4WD 6.7 PSD
2015 Cardinal 3800 FL
2007 Road King Black Cherry-Hers
2007 Road King Blue-Mine
1979 FXS Hot Rod Shovelhead
Jestercyco is offline   Reply With Quote