Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2015, 10:49 PM   #1

Lippert Level Up question

Day 2 of owning our Cedar Creek 36CKTS and another question.

We're stopped overnight and when I used the Level Up auto leveling the end result is the door side wheels are off the ground about 2 inches, the nose of the rig is slightly low and the door side of the rig is slightly low as well.

When I start the leveling process the jacks are extremely extended because the bed of our truck is high. Once we detached and started the leveling process the front jacks stayed high and went higher when the system finished and said the rig was level.

I've watched several YouTube videos and the rig is much lower once leveled than ours is. I've also read the manual and followed each step to the letter.

What are we not understanding? I really don't like the door side wheels off the ground even though it will be just for one night.
lisa99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 09:30 AM   #2

I need to ask you a few questions.

Is the site level or sloped to one side? if not you may need to put something under the tires; if you do not want them up in the air.

Are you un-hooking from the truck for one night? You do not need to; just lower your front legs to take the weight off and extend the slides.

Are you putting pads/blocks of wood under your stabilizer legs? I use 2- 4X4 cedar post cut to 12 inches long under each front leg (side by side) and the plastic stacking blocks under the rear legs as required. Even on a level concrete pad. I like to keep the extended legs as short as possible less bending moment on the legs. I also have additional wood boards to place under the legs as needed to use as required (2X8X12).
Old 08-16-2015, 10:41 AM   #3

worse problem today. Went to rehook the truck.

did right/left buttons as instructed, had truck lined up to hook up. Previous owners told us next step is to raise the rear jacks which we did. Right after we did that we got a error that the Left is 1.8 degree off and the LEFT button is flashing orange and the pump stopped working. We've reset the breaker and pulled the red wire to reset the system. Pump still doesn't work and now we're stuck.

We've called CoachNet and are waiting for them to send out a mobile tech. Owned the rig for two days and so far had two issues that we can't fix. Frustrating because we're not helpless people. We've remodeled 3 houses on our own learning as we go... not a happy camper right now.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:37 PM   #4
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

I have a 30" level that looks like a ruler with several level bubbles built in. I leave it my storage front bin next to the LCI control box. After I raise the front legs and pull the pickup away from the trailer, I do a manual front legs retract while watching my level. My goal is to stop with the nose just a little high and just short of level. Then I hit auto level and the magic happens.
Maxxis 235/80/16E; AirBags w/AirLift1; mor/Ryde Rubber Pinbox; Andersen UltimateII Alum. 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset; LCI Ground Control3; King Dishtailgater; Traveling with 10' Portabote;
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 07:37 PM   #5

Thanks Bill for the great leveling idea.

We're back functioning and expect to be headed home tomorrow.

Turned out that there were 3 micro-breakers that we didn't know about that had popped. With help from some fellow Cedar Creekers we found them, reset and magically all was restored.

I'm going to be doing some serious reading on the leveling system. The 3 pieces of paper that were included in the rig didn't cover 1/10th of what we need to know to level the rig safely and well.
Old 08-16-2015, 08:15 PM   #6

so gladyou got help from other ceder creek campers, I panicked also when my system didnt work, ovecorse it was on a weekend and no tecks were avaiabe on weekends as i told them. Having the wheels off the ground is ok, when you go to hook up and push the right and left buttons it will only come up to unhook height , it wont go down , its a safey feature, i would only use the front jacks for re hook , then go to auto retract for the others, then go around to check they are all up. cheers bill
Big Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 12:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa99 View Post
Turned out that there were 3 micro-breakers that we didn't know about that had popped. With help from some fellow Cedar Creekers we found them, reset and magically all was restored......

We just bought a 36CKTS and this is the second thread referencing the micro-breakers, would you tell me where they are located so in case in the future we have a problem.

P.S. Bill thanks for the suggestion of the level just prior to starting.
DKRITTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 01:17 PM   #8

After you unhook, make front lower than rear. This way the system will raise coach to the level of the rear and not take tires off the ground. If you start high, the rear goes higher and eventually the tires come off the ground.
btritschler1437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:10 PM   #9
Jeffco, MO

X2
My Lippert tech told me to lower the front jacks as low as possible after you unhook. then press auto Level. You want the coach to be level as low as possible for better stability. You should always avoid having the wheels off the ground. That means your jacks are fully extended and the rv will not be as stable. Carry some kind of pads under your jacks to avoid fully extending. Also avoid very unlevel sites which could cause you jacks to be fully extended to level. The level up system is strong enough to lift all four wheels off the ground, but you will not feel very stable inside and you also might put some side stress on the jacks. Hope this helps.

Mary & Ted
2016 Silverback 33IK
2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD CrewCab Diesel/Super Glide Hitch
Days camped 09 -53, 10 -56, 11 -57, 12 - 55, 13 - 46, 14 - 50, 15 - 60, 16 -32
7 FROG Rallies (Goshen(4), Charleston, Amana(2))
tedstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:16 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKRITTER View Post
We just bought a 36CKTS and this is the second thread referencing the micro-breakers, would you tell me where they are located so in case in the future we have a problem.
From the hydraulic pump follow the thick red cable to the junction mounted on the wall nearby. There are three very small black buttons (micro switches/breakers) that can trip if the power level drops for any reason. You need to press one or all of these in dependent upon what isn't working (slides or level up system)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1127.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	86108   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1128.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	106.3 KB
ID:	86109  

Richard & Diane
2014 Cedar Creek 38FL
2016 F350 Lariat CC DRW
Retired Metropolitan Police (UK)
Hutch333id is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 03:11 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa99 View Post
worse problem today. Went to rehook the truck.

did right/left buttons as instructed, had truck lined up to hook up. Previous owners told us next step is to raise the rear jacks which we did. Right after we did that we got a error that the Left is 1.8 degree off and the LEFT button is flashing orange and the pump stopped working. We've reset the breaker and pulled the red wire to reset the system. Pump still doesn't work and now we're stuck.

We've called CoachNet and are waiting for them to send out a mobile tech. Owned the rig for two days and so far had two issues that we can't fix. Frustrating because we're not helpless people. We've remodeled 3 houses on our own learning as we go... not a happy camper right now.
You might be doing something wrong. 1) when rehooking you push the left and right buttons, that will bring you to the height which you began not to the height of the hitch. 2) retract your front legs by the manual button to the height that your going to hitch at. I always ride up on my pin. 3) Hit the top arrow up til you get the screen that says retract all, then hit enter. All the legs will then start to come up one at a time the two landing first. Also check next to your pump there is a reset there. You might just have to acknowledge the error message by hitting enter to get it going again, Also the post above on blocks is best. The higher the front leg extension the less stable the unit. Hope that helps you out.....

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 10:07 PM   #12

Glad Lisa99 got their leveling working.
I have a brand new Sanibel 2015 with the Lippert 4 post electric jack leveling system on board. Went to level unit first time, ran through the auto level as shown on our walk through at dealership, it stopped and told me I had reached max extension on one jack. Control panel flashed error for RR jack. Can't retract or extend RR jack anymore. When working control panel, can move all other jacks independently if needed, but sounds like motor not even working. Don't know if they each have an independent fuse some where of if motor has pooped out.
If anyone else has run into this issue please let me know, frustrated in northern Alberta...
Bohunk797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 11:53 PM   #13

Bohunk, sorry you're having a problem. No idea what's going on but if you'll call Lippert first thing tomorrow they'll be able to help.

After we had the problem referenced in this post we had another issue and called Lippert. The woman spent an hour trouble shooting with my husband and finally got it fixed. What we learned during the process is that the 'manual' for the system is generic and will likely not help you. It took Lippert customer service to get us the right manual and info on how to fix the problem.

Good luck!
Old 10-20-2015, 09:20 PM   #14

Lippert Level Up question

My auto level only worked for the pdi. Then threw the breakers when we camped that evening. It work last Wednesday, about 5 months after the pdi and 56 camping nights later. Today I tried again and it threw 2 breakers. I believe it is the phase of the moon. I read the manual supplied and online. Nothing mentioned about moon, but that is the only correlated event so far,
Brentf is offline   Reply With Quote