Old 09-20-2014, 04:05 PM   #1
Lippert Leveler Reset Procedure

As we were about to pull out of our campsite this week...the hydraulic Lippert Leveling System decided not to work. All I had was a series of orange blinking lites on the left side of the control panel...and no way to turn it on or off.
I'll spare you the description of my own efforts to resolve this and skip right to the Coach-Net psychiatric intervention which cured the problem!
I post this for all Lippert Hydro Leveler owners as the way to reset their system which is NOT described in the Forest River manual provided.

1. With engine running and parking brake and HOLD all four manual adjustment buttons...front, rear, left, right...until ALL the lights on the panel go out.
This is upside down but it is what I am talking about:

2. Now you have to go looking for the circuit breaker for the system BEFORE you attempt to turn it back on. We found mine UNEXPECTEDLY on the basement wall behind my two house batteries. It might ALSO be found on the chassis battery. In any case it will be wired to the POSITIVE SIDE and it looks something like this:

For the uninitiated...the red "flag" hanging down indicates the breaker has tripped. Push the flag back up till it locks in place and you should be good to go. (if it won't stay put...time to call a tech!)

3. Now fire up the engine and keep the parking brake on and hit ON on your control panel for the levelers...hopefully all will look fine. Retract all Jacks is the next button and NOW you can hit the road.

Hope this easy fix can help some folks out. I was on my way in 10 minutes after calling Coach-Net...kudos to those folks again!
2015 Georgetown 280DS
2014 Vespa LX150 2014 StellaAuto 125
camaraderie is online now   Reply With Quote