Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2013, 03:30 PM   #1

Lippert Motorized Tongue Jack Warranty

Hi all. Anyone know what the warranty period is on the Lippert (LC) motorized tongue jack? I have it on my 2011 Rockwood A122 hardside popup and it is not working properly. I think the clutch might be shot. Anways, went to my RV dealer and was told by the salesman the jack has a lifetime warranty for the first owner. Service department says it's only one year. Tried to call Lippert's warranty department today but they are closed for the holidays until Monday. Thanks.
annan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by annan View Post
Hi all. Anyone know what the warranty period is on the Lippert (LC) motorized tongue jack? I have it on my 2011 Rockwood A122 hardside popup and it is not working properly. I think the clutch might be shot. Anways, went to my RV dealer and was told by the salesman the jack has a lifetime warranty for the first owner. Service department says it's only one year. Tried to call Lippert's warranty department today but they are closed for the holidays until Monday. Thanks.
I have heard that the Lippert jack is the same as the Stromberg-Carlson one. The Stromberg has a 1 year warranty, so I am assuming the LCI badged one is the same.

I got rid of my noisy LCI a few weeks ago, and am happy as a lark. It was starting to make all kind of pooping/grinding noises to go along with the loudness.

I looked on Amazon, and it even states in the product description that Lippert makes the jack, along with the one year warranty.

Amazon.com: Stromberg Carlson JET-3500 Electric Tongue Jack with LED Night Light: Automotive

FYI, I bought a Barker VIP 3500 tongue jack off of Amazon, for around $230 and feel it will be a much better jack in the long run. Barkers own website states all their USA made jacks have a 2 year warranty effective 2010.

http://www.amazon.com/Barker-VIP-RV-.../dp/B002UJKR5C

http://www.barkermfg.com/warranty.html

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:20 AM   #3

Had to replace the LCI jack because the coupler between motor and jack shattered. Dealer was good about an exchange for the Huskey 4500 with remote, I ended up paying a $50.00 upgrade fee which was given back to me because I saved them a service call. They also replaced my CO detector because it would beep every 30 seconds and gave me the upgraded one with digital readout at no charge. By the way if that coupler breaks the manual jack handle will not work. I was stuck with the trailer on the hitch and could not remove it using the tongue jack. Had to use a bottle jack and jack stands.
uncle46 is offline   Reply With Quote