Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2011, 09:48 AM   #1

Max Tire Rating

We have a 2011 Flagstaff 831RLSS and I'm wanting to upgrade the tires on it because it has the crappy Duro tires on it and we've already had one blow. Since we are about a month away from camping season we have almost saved up enough money to buy 4 new tires for the RV. I was wanting to go with the best load rating tire I can get.

I'm going with the maxxis m8008 st radial tires since I've heard nothing but great things about those tires. The tires on my trailer now are: ST225 /75R15/C

I was wanting to know if anyone has taking the old tires off their flagstaff that's around this year and have stuck a better load rating tire on it? I've heard the max rating is stamped on the rim on the in side but I don't want to jack the trailer up and take a tire off to see the rating unless I have to.

I was wanting to at least get a D rating tire. Would like to get a E if I can swing it with the stock rims.

Any help would be great!
2008FX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:19 AM   #2

Tires

Hi: I went with the Maxxis D rated tires ( 8008 same size rims )last Oct. Max tires pressure on rims are for 65#s which is the tire max.Yours should be the same or more.(Great Tires)
Wilkrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:31 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkrich View Post
Hi: I went with the Maxxis D rated tires ( 8008 same size rims )last Oct. Max tires pressure on rims are for 65#s which is the tire max.Yours should be the same or more.(Great Tires)
Thanks. The tires that came on the trailer are Duros and are rated at 50PSI. And are only C rated. It seemed like there was to much bounce in the tires when it was going down the road. We aren't over loaded and it even did it when we first bought it. I just don't think the C rated tires have a strong enough side wall cause I busted one taking a turn into the gas station last summer.
Old 02-14-2011, 02:59 PM   #4
Site Team - Lou

I replaced my Carlisle C rated tires with Goodyear Marathon D rated ones. I run them at 58PSI and have been very happy with ride and performance.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:03 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
I replaced my Carlisle C rated tires with Goodyear Marathon D rated ones. I run them at 58PSI and have been very happy with ride and performance.
I just bought 4 Maxxis ST225/75R-15D1 113 B tires. As soon as they get here I'll be changing out tires for this camping season!