Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2018, 01:03 PM   #1

MorRyde suspension question

Looking to replace the OEM suspension on my Cherokee. Not sure about which to use, 4000 or the 3000 sys. Have 15 inch tires and a little concerned about the travel and the tires hitting the underbelly. Any advice would be appreciated.

Apparently axels were flipped from factory so wheel clearance could be an issue.
2ondago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 01:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ondago View Post
Looking to replace the OEM suspension on my Cherokee. Not sure about which to use, 4000 or the 3000 sys. Have 15 inch tires and a little concerned about the travel and the tires hitting the underbelly. Any advice would be appreciated.
Don't decide. Go to MorRyde and they will weigh each wheel, and tell you which one is required. They will not install it if it doesn't work afterwards. Call Rob Kolean and discuss it with him. You'll be pleased.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 01:29 PM   #3

X2 on what Bill said,
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 01:38 PM   #4

Thanks for replying.

That might be an option if I lived in Elkhart. Long haul from Florida. I was hoping to do this myself and keep the cost reasonable and not tie up the trailer waiting for a dealer to do it.

Bound to be someone out there that has already done this. I did call MoRryde and spoke with sales. Not much help on specific model. If it helps I have about 2 1/2 inches above the top of the I-beam to the bottom of the floor.

Axels came flipped from factory so wheel clearances may be an issue.
Old 08-24-2018, 08:47 PM   #5
Who Dares, Wins

Gonna be putting the cre 3000 on this weekend.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2018, 05:41 PM   #6

I put the MorRyde on my 30' toy hauler I just sold. Worked real well, tons better than stock.
nayther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 09:07 AM   #7

I replaced the OEM Dexter EZFlex with MorRyde SRE4000 and have noticed a huge difference in the way things move around inside the trailer. I can also feel the difference when going over rough roads.
At the same time I installed three MorRyde XFactor cross members.
Ddubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 12:53 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddubya View Post
I replaced the OEM Dexter EZFlex with MorRyde SRE4000 and have noticed a huge difference in the way things move around inside the trailer. I can also feel the difference when going over rough roads.
At the same time I installed three MorRyde XFactor cross members.
Just wondering if the OP got his Cherokee suspension installed and if so what did you learn about the process.

Also want to know if the SRE4000 is compatible with the shock absorbers on my 5th wheel or will they work against each other as they articulate. Upgrading to shocks was a good move but now it's time to replace the equalizer and shackles. Does anybody have both installed on the same trailer setup!

He who dies with the most tools, wins!
SilhouettePenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 06:54 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ondago View Post

Apparently axels were flipped from factory so wheel clearance could be an issue.
Update: finished with suspension upgrade. Decided to go with the CRE3000, wet bolt kit and cross member. First side took two hours and opposite side one hour. I used four jacks with safety stands on the frame and a floor jack for each axel. Hardest part was getting the plastic bushings out but overall an easy mod. No road trips to see how it performs until Fall leaf peepers trip next month. I liked someone’s idea of alternating the red and green grease so you know when the new has purged the old. Also, I was a little concerned about how much grease I was having to add to the wheel bearings which was first time since the factory grease job. Thought I might be filling the drum with a blown out bearing seal. Pulled the wheel and all was good. It did take a lot of pumps (20 or so) before the old grease started coming out the front bearing.
Old 09-20-2018, 10:19 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilhouettePenny View Post
Just wondering if the OP got his Cherokee suspension installed and if so what did you learn about the process.

Also want to know if the SRE4000 is compatible with the shock absorbers on my 5th wheel or will they work against each other as they articulate. Upgrading to shocks was a good move but now it's time to replace the equalizer and shackles. Does anybody have both installed on the same trailer setup!
I would contact MorRyde and ask them about the shocks. I ask about shocks with the SRE4000 and they told me not to add them.
Ddubya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
suspension