Old 10-18-2012, 09:18 PM   #1
Need help on tires for 5th wheel

I have a 2008 cardinal 5th wheel that have the original ,Karrier H/D loadstars on it size st235-85-16 load range G 14ply. I'm looking to replace them because they are 5 years old. I called Kenda today and spoke with them and they do not make this tire in a 14 ply anymore. They redesigned it and it is a 12 ply tire (F rating)tire that carrires more weight that the 14 that they made..The G rated tire carried amax load of 3750lbs. per tire,the new f rated tire carries a load rating of 3960 per tire.... I just not know what to do.It's a lot of money to spend on tires but I don't want to tear up may camper also. I have checked with forest river and they now put the goodyear marathons on the new ones, that tire is a G rated tire,but saw a lot of bad reviews on it and i know of the G614's rst.. so I don't know..any advise would be helpful..This trailer has a GVWR of 15730

Steve and Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:01 PM   #2
They carry ONLY Kenda tires.
IMO, that is a very,very significant thing to do.
I put Kenda's on my popup and I will put Kenda's on the TT when the time comes.

FOR SALE 2014 BOSS 6.2L F350
2012 Surveyor SV264
NW Oregon
Twisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:46 AM   #3
Stay made in USA! either way its going to be a large cost, I had the made in china tires thought I would get the most out of them well did not. I went to the Good Year G614 and boy is there a difference. I would suggest looking at both tires together, you will beable to see the difference between made in USA or china. Either tire you will read more neg. comments than pos. comments. Thats just the way things are.

Remember which ever tire you go with get new high pressure valve stems hopefully the ones made in USA.
3500 Ram 5.9l diesel
08 35 RLT Cardinal
5th Airborne Pin Box
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 04:56 AM   #4
Michelin Ribs is a popular tire used by many on their trailers. BF Goodrich also offers a quality LT tire for trailers.
Which ever tire you decide on, be sure to have them balanced.
Good luck
2013 Palomino Columbus 320RS
2007 Dodge RAM 2500 6.7 Cummins
Reese 15K manual slider
M.I.L. in Florida for good!!
amxpress is offline   Reply With Quote

5th wheel