Old 01-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #1
Need new suspension

I am the owner of a recently acquired 2004 Sandpiper 5th wheel. I don't know what model and can't find one anywhere, but it measures just over 32 feet at it's longest point.
I just finished replacing the shackles with the new ones the previous owner gave to me with the trailer, and noticed that all the bushings, pins and equalizers all need to be replaced.
Where would I find the information on what parts are correct?

mnccnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
I would get with the local FR dealer and see if they can help you. You may also get the VIN and call FR parts department, they may be of some help. I don't know if this is still a good # I've had it for quite a while. Forest River Parts Dept. 574-262-2212
It's worth a try.

2007 Chevy 2500 HD 6.6
2012 Sabre 31RETS
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:18 PM   #3
Call Lippert components and they will sell you what are called wet bolt kits. What you get are bronze bushings and drilled bolts with a zerk fitting installed. This allows you to grease the joints just like in the old days. Trailair also has wet bolt kits and the equalizer plates or you can upgrade to the equalflex system or their air ride system. I got all my parts directly from Trailair, they were very prompt and pretty reasonable.
donn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:21 PM   #4
Thanks for the info!
mnccnm is offline   Reply With Quote