Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2019, 10:24 AM   #1

New Tires

Replacing Castle Rock Tires after this weekend blow out. There are two name brand tires I’m looking at with pretty good reviews The Good Year Endurance or the Carlisle Tires any recommendations. Looking to install a TMPS system on the new set would like recommendations on TMPS system too.
cajunmansion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 10:37 AM   #2

I just went with Sailun. Maxxis is the other good brand. Both brands are highly regarded ST tires.

BuzzWolfAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 12:17 PM   #3

I use maxxis tires. Read good reviews and knock on wood have not had any problems
dodgemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 01:55 PM   #4

I've used the Good Year Endurance and loved them. Upgraded to the next grade over what was on it and used them for 2 years before trading that camper in and they listed it as "New Tires" because they held up so well. No cracking, great ride, less sway that the cheap tires that were on it previously. I'll be replacing the stock tires that came on the trailer I bought this past fall with them as soon as the weather breaks. I'm a fan.
Old 03-02-2019, 02:00 PM   #5
Scoundrel

I don't think you could go wrong with either Goodyear Endurance or Carlisle Trail HDs (I chose Carslisle' as I will no longer do business with Goodyear). I also have the TST 507 non-flow through TPMS. Easy to program, easy to use, I'd buy it again tomorrow.

Good luck with your new tire purchase.

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 02:52 PM   #6

New Tires

The TPMS I use is TST 507, non-flow through. I run Goodyear tires on my camper as I’m a big fan of made in America tires
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 06:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunmansion View Post
Replacing Castle Rock Tires after this weekend blow out. There are two name brand tires I’m looking at with pretty good reviews The Good Year Endurance or the Carlisle Tires any recommendations. Looking to install a TMPS system on the new set would like recommendations on TMPS system too.

I don't recommend brands because it's just too controversial to do so. I do recommend you follow tire industry standards with your replacements. The minimum standard is to insure they provide a load capacity equal to what he OE tires provide.

If the OE tires don't provide at least 10% of load capacity reserves above the trailer's certified GAWRs maximum load; hunt for replacements that do.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdale View Post
I don't recommend brands because it's just too controversial to do so. I do recommend you follow tire industry standards with your replacements. The minimum standard is to insure they provide a load capacity equal to what he OE tires provide.

If the OE tires don't provide at least 10% of load capacity reserves above the trailer's certified GAWRs maximum load; hunt for replacements that do.
Not sure of your size, but I went with G614 Goodyear's. No issues
BDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:36 PM   #9

Goodyear Endurance... I upped a load range from C to D and added metal valve stems. Have had them two years and about 5,000 miles with great results... much heavier tire carcass then competitors...
TST 507 from https://www.greatrvproducts.com/products

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 09:03 AM   #10
Camper

I have no experience with Carlyle. Had Maxxis on my previous trailer, no issues. Just bought GY Endurance to replace the Castle Rocks on my current trailer. I already have metal valve stems and use TST TPMS.

Hope to get the Endurance mounted this weekend, they were delivered this morning.

TV - 2006 F350 6.0 DRW CC
TT - 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
Macrosill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire, tires