Old 04-27-2014, 08:04 AM   #11
Oklahoma Proud
Originally Posted by davel1971 View Post
It will be a minor difference if any. Really there are too many variables to make a call. We don't know what type of tire his current and new tires are, whether street/all-season tread or a more aggressive tread. That makes a big difference too.
Being he has a 2014 Chevy, and a listed p on current tire size, im gonna bet that he has the stockers.

I have a 35lb more per tire and wheel on my current 34.5" mud tires compared to the all terrain 30.5" stock size (both 10 ply) and i notice a mpg and brake difference.
....but like OC said there will be less resistance and probably not alot of weight difference on OP's size difference, so probably a wash.

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!

MillerTime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 08:07 AM   #12
Oklahoma Proud
Originally Posted by acadianbob View Post
X2. I once put a heavier tire on my VW Jetta. I lost 3 mpg on the highway. Also, if this is a "1/2 ton", make sure your rims are capable of accepting 80 PSI.
i have never found a psi rating on a GM wheel, and was told at work that you can't find that spec listed anywhere.
But always worth looking at when the rims off

MillerTime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:12 AM   #13
Get real

So much for discussion... P rated tires were designed for comfort and maybe for some casual towing short distances and not for long distance highway towing. Softer sidewall collapses and fosters more heat build up. This leads to a breakdown of the rubber compound. If you are doing any real towing, I strongly urge you to go with the heavier LT tire. you will quickly get used to the stiffer ride, better handling, better cornering, better tread life etc... As far as fuel economy goes, there should be no difference. The LT tire is stiffer and offers much less rolling resistance than the factory P rated "mush" tires. If you are worried about safety and performance, I feel there is really no choice but the LT's. We tow thousands of miles each year and have never had a problem with a blow out. I won't run with anything else. Click image for larger version

Name:	188.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	51052
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2409.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	51054  

rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote

tire, tires