Old 07-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #31

I believe the 507's have user replaceable batteries while the 510 doesn't. You might not need sensors for your tow vehicle, I believe sensors are basically standard fare on newer vehicles...

Nights camped in 2017 - 80
18267RBSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:22 PM   #32
Too old to be too smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011sv264 View Post
... I believe sensors are basically standard fare on newer vehicles...
Manufacturers began in 2006 to install them on select vehicles, and had everything covered by model-year 2008.

Couldn't sell anything in the U.S. without them, beginning that year.

Pop

2000 F-350 7.3L CC/LB 4WD Lariat 3.73's
SpringerPop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:06 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011sv264 View Post
I believe the 507's have user replaceable batteries while the 510 doesn't. You might not need sensors for your tow vehicle, I believe sensors are basically standard fare on newer vehicles...
Yes, I do have them on my TV but to get the readings I have to scroll through the full menu. My 2006 Yukon Denali has the ability to read all four tires by scrolling through the info button on the steering wheel, but there is no temp reading. I like the idea of letting the monitor keep track of all the tires.

I did talk to TST regarding stems. GMC does not use steel stems with the tire pressure monitors. Dealer said they had problems with them, not sure what. Since I have the high pressure rubber stems TST suggested using the standard sensors instead of the flow-through since they are longer and could have issues rubbing curbs or other things. May end up taking the OEM sensors out of the truck tires and replace with steel stems when I change tires on the trailer (Trail Express - yuk).

Thanks for the responses.

Rockwood Windjammer 3002W (11/10/2011)
2011 Sierra Denali HD - Duramax/Allison
EQ-4, 14,000/1,400
2006 Yukon Denali
Rebel702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:30 PM   #34

Has anyone purchased the repeater for the 507?
I can't locate my manual instructions for it - I think they are in my car which is locked in the muffler shop for the long weekend
The new toy hauler - 2016 Ford F150 Supercrew XTR ECOBOOST.
MilCop4523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:33 PM   #35
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilCop4523 View Post
Has anyone purchased the repeater for the 507?
I can't locate my manual instructions for it - I think they are in my car which is locked in the muffler shop for the long weekend
Didn't purchase it, it was in my kit. I don't use it.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:36 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
Didn't purchase it, it was in my kit. I don't use it.
The repeater was in your kit?
If so does your instructions list how to pair the receiver with the repeater
Old 08-31-2012, 09:38 PM   #37
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilCop4523 View Post
The repeater was in your kit?
If so does your instructions list how to pair the receiver with the repeater
Don't know, will have to go get the instructions.

Quote from their website:
What is involved in installing the repeater?

It simply direct wires to a 12 volt battery or you can splice it into a 12 volt power supply within your vehicle, commercial truck, or trailer. There is no programming or any other user interaction required.

Our repeater is fully weatherproof, so it can be mounted anywhere. It is suggested that it be installed as far away from the receiver as possible to get the best range improvement. Some examples of where the repeater can be mounted are: in the engine/battery compartment of a diesel pusher coach, under the hood of your toad vehicle, under the rear of your truck, to the rear of the truck cab, or under a trailer. You can get creative. All you need is a 12 volt power lead and a ground.

Due to the unlimited mounting options, no fuse is included with our repeater. You should fuse the power lead as close to the power supply as possible.

Weather resistant fuse kits are available at any auto supply store. A 1 or 2 amp fuse is sufficient. Fuse kits do not come with the repeater because of differing installation locations and wire length needs of our customers.

If you have questions regarding installation, just call us, and we are happy to walk you through this process.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:50 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnnc View Post
Don't know, will have to go get the instructions.

Quote from their website:
What is involved in installing the repeater?

It simply direct wires to a 12 volt battery or you can splice it into a 12 volt power supply within your vehicle, commercial truck, or trailer. There is no programming or any other user interaction required. ...
I read that off their site earlier this evening. I recount something being in the instructions about depressing the white button on the repeater with the receiver held next to the repeater until it flashes - or something like that....
But I'm not sure
Old 09-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #39

Not driving a Tractor Trailer unit ... but the instructions for the
507SCE Repeater Quick-Install/Quick Trailer-Exchange Guide
is as follows.
1. First, if the tractor-trailer you are driving does not have an assigned number, begin by assigning it a number. This can be any 6-digit ID code with numerals between 0-9 (for example, 000 001). 2. Now, input this trailer ID number into the monitor: First, tap MODE on the monitor. The trailer tires on the monitor will be flashing, and 000 000 will appear. Tap CODE: the monitor will beep, and the first digit of the ID code will be blinking. Use CODE to move from digit-to-digit and + to enter each number, and enter your randomly assigned trailer ID number. When finished, hold and press CODE for 3 seconds to store the ID. (If required, tap MODE to return to the regular monitoring screen.) 3.

Next, initialize the repeater: Press the SET button on the monitor for 6 seconds until the monitor has beeped twice. Then, press the repeater button until the monitor and repeater beep. The repeater has initialized, and within 10-15 minutes, all sensors should be reporting PSI and temperature readings.
(Note: the 507SCE repeater does not illumine or sound when in regular monitoring mode. It gives no indication of transmission; this is proper functioning.)

To switch trailers/repeaters: Begin by holding and pressing the repeater button until it beeps twice. Then, tap MODE on the monitor. The repeater will flash continuously, and the monitor will display the ID code for 10 seconds while syncing. Then, the monitor will return to regular monitoring mode while the repeater continues to flash and completes syncing. Within 1-2 minutes, the repeater will beep and the light will shut off. Trailer-Exchange is then complete. Important Note: if the monitor and the repeater alarm after initialization or exchange, this indicates a high/low pressure, fast leak, or high temperature, and attention is required. To silence, press any button on the monitor and the repeater button. Both units will continue to flash until the problem is corrected and power is shut on/off to reboot them.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #40

Tst507

I have been considering a TST 507 to protect my toad. But, it seems a lot of folks have reported false alarms... I think I would have a heart attack if that thing went off in busy traffic where I couldn't pull over easily.

Is that a real problem? Not the heart attack, but the false alarms?

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is online now   Reply With Quote