Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2017, 08:50 PM   #1

Pulled trailer brake today...now what?

I missed unhooking the emergency disconnect and pulled it out today on the trailer. 26rlws is the TT. It looks to be in good shape and I was able to reinsert it quickly. I have concerns that even reinserted it has the brake engaged. What is the best way to check other than waiting for a dead battery?

I have been running my generator and do not appear to be drawing an unusually high amount of amps 17 with a.c. and 5-6 without.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 08:54 PM   #2

since I park mine on a "hill" I pull mine every time I unhook.
Noe sure how to actually check it, but when you push it back in should be fine
markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 09:01 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbledan View Post
I missed unhooking the emergency disconnect and pulled it out today on the trailer. 26rlws is the TT. It looks to be in good shape and I was able to reinsert it quickly. I have concerns that even reinserted it has the brake engaged. What is the best way to check other than waiting for a dead battery?

I have been running my generator and do not appear to be drawing an unusually high amount of amps 17 with a.c. and 5-6 without.
Hook back up and see if the TT pulls without dragging any of the tires or without resistance. Otherwise jack up the tires and see if they spin freely. If you were able to reinsert the pin it should have removed voltage from the brake circuit. It's not a one time use item. You should be ok.
B&W Companion 20K for OEM pucks.
SecretSquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, trailer